Best place to buy a large shed (for the w124)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
I'm running out of room at home so I need a large shed to put in my yard, around 20x10 to put the 300ce in. Does anyone know the cheapest online company that does just a cheap shed. I just want it to be dry from the harsh English weather. I've had a look around on Google but sometimes it's worth asking if anyone on here knows of a hidden gem.

Get rid of that ol' ML ! That'll clear some space :)

No Idea I'm afraid

its probably better for the car if it was just under a car port with a good flow of air.

Much cheaper to build a car port than a shed too.

carport with glass 0800011 22 00 u need polycarb roof as it would be much cheaper

Sp!ke said:
its probably better for the car if it was just under a car port with a good flow of air. Much cheaper to build a car port than a shed too.

Really? I thought it would've been better hidden from all elements? I'd be up there about once a week to open the doors etc.

Rashman said:
'cause that'll be attractive. :rolleyes: lol

It's just a building yard so it doesn't matter if it isn't lovely to look at to be fair. I did think about one but it's a pain in the ass getting them delivered.

It's just a building yard so it doesn't matter if it isn't lovely to look at to be fair. I did think about one but it's a pain in the ass getting them delivered.

Ah, I see.
Fair enough. :thumb:
And yes, I can't imagine it's easy getting one of those suckers delivered :crazy:

automaniaman said:
How about a poly tunnel....

Not a bad shout but I'd have to find a way of securing it to the floor as if that gets taken up in the wind down here god knows where it'll end up and what damage it could cause to the car.

Can be expensive for delivery,depends on the location/proximity of seller.
If you haven't tried yet I'd suggest calling around for quotes, it may surprise you.
Would recommend adding in the price to make a good base for the container to sit on though. They may be ugly but are very secure and dry.

Whatever you end up with, continual ventilation is important.

Opening up once a week won't be enough.

Shipping containers have ventilation built in, are very dry and secure and cost ~£750 delivered for a 20' one.

Hardly a pain in the Ass getting one delivered. lorry turns up with one on the back, unloads it with either a single lift, if empty, or a pair if full, you pays your money and the driver chugs off into the distance.

Last edited:
Dieselman said:
Shipping containers have ventilation built in, are very dry and secure and cost ~£750 delivered for a 20' one. Hardly a pain in the Ass getting one delivered. lorry turns up with one on the back, unloads it with either a single lift, if empty, or a pair if full, you pays your money and the driver chugs off into the distance.

£750 delivered? I'm struggling to find this sort of deal!

I don't deal in this sort of stuff so forgive me for sounding thick

Cornwall. Hence expensive delivery I suspect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom