Beware the overpriced rust buckets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djuk

Car
Volvo XC70
I have owned 2 mercs (2 x 300 diesel estates) and both turned out to be overpriced rust buckets. Since ditching my last one I have gone back to Volvo Estates (my car previous to the mercs) and for the past 5 years have enjoyed trouble and rust free motoring. I once lived in Germany for a number of years and promised myself I would buy myself a merc someday thinking they were the best car in the world, but my short period of merc ownership proved to be very dissapointing. I wish all merc owners out there the very best of luck but I won't be joining you again, I prefer my cars rust free. "c'est la vie" or rather "so ist das Leben"

:fail

You can be lucky...

I don't think mine has any rust but it seemed a bit bizarre checking on a 6 year old car.

:rolleyes:

Glad your pleased with your new vehicle but what exactly is your point?

"Over priced rust buckets" are available in all Marques.

It has to do with how much people want for them and how they have been looked after in the past.

All manufacturers suffered from poor steel quality at various stages in the past.

:rolleyes:

If those 300 diesel's were w210 models they are known to rust badly, most other models are no-where near as bad.

One of mines 21 years old and hardly any rust anywhere you've just been unlucky.

If I wanted an unrewarding driving experience, noisy diesel engine lacking in refinement with a poorly mated auto box, not to mention a leather interior than looks like it's been 5 times around the globe when it's only a few years old, I'd go back to a Volvo too!

i work for volvo... i see you drive an XC70, enjoy you 2wd car. As all of them blow their transfer boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom