• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Blankety Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
When flicking through TV channels last night, I came across Blankety Blank. What an inane programme for prime time TV.
It is hard to believe that Bradley Walsh is being paid £2m for fronting it. As for the so-called celebrities, I only recognised 2.
I just wonder how much they are paid for appearing on it. BBC seem to have lost the plot.

When flicking through TV channels last night, I came across Blankety Blank. What an inane programme for prime time TV.
It is hard to believe that Bradley Walsh is being paid £2m for fronting it. As for the so-called celebrities, I only recognised 2.
I just wonder how much they are paid for appearing on it. BBC seem to have lost the plot.
I totally agree, seemed the whole programme was scripted and rehearsed earlier, The questions were ridiculously easy and Bradley Walsh is on TV far too much. Bring back Les Dawson……… if that’s possible.

Has anyone heard the "Birthday Game" program on R4 hosted by Richard Osman where "celebrities" try to guess the birthday of other supposedly well known people?

How that got past commissioning I will never know.

Next will be R4"Watching paint dry "

Has anyone heard the "Birthday Game" program on R4 hosted by Richard Osman where "celebrities" try to guess the birthday of other supposedly well known people?
How that got past commissioning I will never know.
Next will be R4"Watching paint dry "
There's a boy who knows how to pump the TV programme machine.
I read his first novel to see what all the fuss was about.
Lawksamercy, it's lightweight, conversational rubbish, but it sells and sells and sells.

And he's two metres tall. Why can't he just be a basketball player or an American Investment Banker?

Was unfortunate to catch 5mins of Family (mis)Fortunes last night , apart from really struggling to understand Gino the "staged" stupidity was off the scale.

Think i will be giving this a mis tonight , really scrapping the bottom of barrel for "entertainment" - https://www.channel4.com/programmes/celebrity-trash-monsters

Thanks goodness for YT car videos.

K

He is also Pop in The Larkins. IMHO it's dreadful and "tokenism" at it's worse.. Summarised by this review: "Has there ever been such a racially diverse utopia as this tiny village in Kent? An Indian brigadier and headteacher, an Asian postman, a black shopkeeper, house buyer and Charlie is now a black man from the tax office – at points I thought everyone was going to break into song in the street and reveal this to be a Coca-Cola advert" Sometimes you just need to leave things alone - HW Bates would not be amused!

He is also Pop in The Larkins. IMHO it's dreadful and "tokenism" at it's worse.. Summarised by this review: "Has there ever been such a racially diverse utopia as this tiny village in Kent? An Indian brigadier and headteacher, an Asian postman, a black shopkeeper, house buyer and Charlie is now a black man from the tax office – at points I thought everyone was going to break into song in the street and reveal this to be a Coca-Cola advert" Sometimes you just need to leave things alone - HW Bates would not be amused!
Sorry, HE Bates

There's a boy who knows how to pump the TV programme machine.
I read his first novel to see what all the fuss was about.
Lawksamercy, it's lightweight, conversational rubbish, but it sells and sells and sells.

And he's two metres tall. Why can't he just be a basketball player or an American Investment Banker?
And sold to Stephen Spielberg, maybe not a bad as you think

Leaving aside for the moment the merits or otherwise of Family Fortunes, I don't understand why Gino is the host. His mangled pronunciation of English should have precluded him as a candidate for host from even the longest list. I do wonder if the heavy Italian accent is part of his schtick, he's lived in the UK since at least 1998 when he was imprisoned for burglary aged 19.

And sold to Stephen Spielberg, maybe not a bad as you think
At least Spielberg will probably make something far more watchable.

Like Jaws something that bears no resemblance to the original, but which explores some of the themes.

He’s a clever guy, a rare British example of someone genuinely commercial.

When flicking through TV channels last night, I struggled to find any programmes on prime time TV that DIDN'T have Bradley Walsh and Richard Osman in it!:oops:;):rolleyes::mad:

When flicking through TV channels last night, I struggled to find any programmes on prime time TV that DIDN'T have Bradley Walsh and Richard Osman in it!:oops:;):rolleyes::mad:
You forgot Rylan Clark-Neal....

Netflix. Its the only way to get away from all the box tickers, and B Blank why would you bother it was cr*p 30 years ago.

What's wrong with the people getting what the people want? If they want light entertainment - why shouldn't the BBC (who are funded by said people) not provide it? Should we have a national referendum to find out if the people or the elitist's views should prevail? Forget it - the results are in in the form of the viewing figures. Elites lost - again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom