Bloody snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yeah bloody snow,,,just collected a few hundred kilos of hard packed with the gearbox undertray on the 'indian' w124,,,wondered why the gearbox had gone quiet!!!!

Love the picture on the Daily Mail website today of the Audi Allroad in a ditch!

Love the picture on the Daily Mail website today of the Audi Allroad in a ditch!

Yeah same here , i mean how stupid do you have to be to do that? :crazy: (woman driver?):devil:
article-2264917-170821C7000005DC-249_964x642.jpg

Yeah same here , i mean how stupid do you have to be to do that? :crazy: (woman driver?):devil:
article-2264917-170821C7000005DC-249_964x642.jpg
Woman driver or just an AUDI driver! Wonder if the daylight running lights still work for tailgating on the motorway?

Snow on way home yesterday

This was on the way home yesterday, first time out in the CLK in the snow and i was surprised how it managed, found the traction control very useful as well lol, front parking sensors were going off constantly this morning no wonder because when i looked the front of the car was 1/2" thick in ice which was the dirty spray frozen to the front.

image_zpsda049cea.jpg

Last edited:

The inside of our ML looke a bit like that last night.

We got in the car after dinner for our return journey home, and the sun roof was tilted. :doh:

Of course Mrs D blamed me and I blamed Mrs D, and neither of us could remember it being open on the outbound journey. We're still blaming each other but the only explanation seems to be that it opened itself!?

Despite the generous layer of snow still on the roof, it hadn't entered the cabin through the tilted sunroof. :thumb:

I duly closed it and somehow managed to go past the closed position into slide open :eek: and I seemed unusually slow to react :devil:

The snow did then manage To enter the cabin through the half open cabin!!

Was due to drive to Portsmouth on Friday night....avoided any potential problems by not going! Cars not left the drive since hence no problem :thumb:

Last edited:
I have to say that the Picanto has been particularly disappointing.
My road is on a slight incline has defeated at least an e class (w212) and a five series - the five series couldn't even make it on the level.
The Picanto went up without even spinning the wheels. A lot of provocation got them to slip a little, but there was no drama or fun.
A run to Long Marston proved just as uneventful , other than her ladyship buying an antique bedroom chair.
All in all no fun or excitement whatsoever. Very disappointing.
I am doing a run from Coventry/Portsmouth/Yeovil/Coventry on Wednesday. Hoping that will be more eventful.

Managed to avoid too much snow until the early hours and then it started and it's still coming down!

Oh well I'll get plenty of exercise digging the car out for work and getting it off our slopping driveway where my neigbours have kindly parked their cars directly opposite the entrance! :eek:

My Smart is an even more competent Urban Assault Vehicle than it normally is. I am terrorising MK roundabouts with aplomb in these conditions. It's virtually uncrashable.

I have to say that the Picanto has been particularly disappointing.

Mine is just as dull - get in, drive off, what snow? I used the Picanto last year when the snow was really bad. As a small, light car with narrow tyres it never missed a beat and performed better than many of the big 4 x 4's with their daft wide wheels.

My Smart is an even more competent Urban Assault Vehicle than it normally is. I am terrorising MK roundabouts with aplomb in these conditions. It's virtually uncrashable.

Until you disengage ESP. Mine spun a full 450 degrees with the ESP disabled. And that was climbing the hill.

Had an absolute mare trying to park up outside the house?! Compacted snow and ice, had to shovel my way into the parking spot lol

image-1085004173.jpg

Can't disable ESP without jumping pins on the ECU, can't be bothered. :rock:

Just wait until your brake light switch fails - it's bye bye to ESP when it does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom