Blue Efficiency injector recall?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks

Just checked and I have the Delphi Solenoid ECU as per the photo in the post above and blue (faded) lettering on the pipe so fingers crossed. :thumb:

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if my problem is related to this thread or not as so far I haven't brken down as such However there does seem to be similarities.

I have a 2010 C200 CDI with 75,000 miles. It runs perfectly for 99% of the time however if I do a 150+ mile trip then the following morning it is difficult to start, runs rough on 3 cylinders for about 1 minute and then clears and ok from then on until the next 150+ mile run.

I've had it into the dealer 3 times - twice they couldn't find anything. On the third visit I took it straight to the dealer after a 300+ mile run and left it over night. They said they had found the problem - dirty fuel in the injector pump that was settling overnight. This was cleaned out and a “software update” was carried out. I paid the invoice of over £200 and returned home. The next 150+ mile trip happened 2 weeks later and the following morning it was just the same - lumpy and difficult to start.

It is very economical - 64 mpg on a long run and was wondering if this could be the problem - causing a build up or something on the injectors or glow plugs - I'm not convinced it is dirty fuel that is settling overnight as surely it would settle every night and give me the same problem every morning. Around town it starts first time every time even after standing over night. No smoke, not burning oil, full dealer service history. All fuel purchased from main petrol retailer (Esso or Shell). This problem was first reported the dealer on 23rd August and is gradually getting worse but only after a long run. All other times the engine is fine. My warranty ran out on 23rd October

I have exactly the same problem with my car ( cdi200 2010). On the diagnosic in independent shop it says something about problems with cylinder 1. Guy in the shop told me to go to official MB shop and to have them check injectors and updating software if necesary. I wonder if anyone here have any idea what might be the problem.

Engine oil level is fine, i just changed oil and oil filter. This problem happened only twice, both times it happened in the morning after longer run day before. Car is only about 19.000 miles. What do you think about adding fuel injection cleaner additives?

Engine oil level is fine, i just changed oil and oil filter. This problem happened only twice, both times it happened in the morning after longer run day before. Car is only about 19.000 miles. What do you think about adding fuel injection cleaner additives?

Certainly worth a try initially. Maybe a couple of " STIFF" doses.;)

Does Delphi manufacturer, together with Mercedes-Benz, recommend and additive that should go with diesel to keep these blessed injectors in good running order? I have a December 2012 registered SLK 250 AMG SPORT CDI BLUE EFFICIENCY, Thank you all

At Dec 2012 you will probably have the Delphi Solenoid injectors rather than the earlier Piezo-electric ones. These can be identified by having fuel return pipes from each injector. If you want to use an injector cleaner on a regular basis then give Millers a try.
Fuel Additive | Performance Additive | DIESEL POWER ECOMAX
This is possibly only worthwhile if you use "cooking " superstore fuel. If you use the top spec high cetane/ gas to liquids (GTL) fuel e.g. Shell V power benefits would be marginal.

Hi All, is this sorted now in new E220? Anyone with problems with facelift '13-15 model?

Hi All, is this sorted now in new E220? Anyone with problems with facelift '13-15 model?
All sorted on cars manufactured since mid 2012 and retrofitted on cars still under warranty back then. Meaning there may be a small population out there with "improved piezo injectors " still around. To check remove the engine cover and look for fuel return pipes from the injectors [ piezos don't have them]

Great news, Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom