BMW 135i owner, now looking at 4.7L SL500 or 4L C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 135i averages about 21mpg so I'm not bothered if it's around that figure. I only do around 6000 miles/year anyway.

Pretty much decided on the spec I want so will start looking very soon.

In 2 weeks of ownership i've seen 9.2mpg to 32.1mpg on my gauges. I wouldn't be too concerned, I could make my old 3 litre BiTDi Audi do 9mpg if I really wanted (particularly on cold mornings in traffic).
Blimey that must have been quite a jam. The only time I’ve seen single digits for a journey was when I was stuck for many hours in snow.

So what are people's favourite options? I like the look of these :)

-Premium package
-Night package
-Sports exhaust
-360 camera
-Black ash wood interior

So what are people's favourite options? I like the look of these :)

-Premium package
-Night package
-Sports exhaust
-360 camera
-Black ash wood interior

Yep - got all those!
Does pan roof come with Premium? Mine is always open, even at night. Love it.
I also like the Burmeister sound system.

Yep - got all those!
Does pan roof come with Premium? Mine is always open, even at night. Love it.
I also like the Burmeister sound system.

Nice. What other toys do you have? Got the 19 inch forged wheels? And wanna sell? 😅

Yes the pan roof and upgraded sound system is included with premium.

Nice. What other toys do you have? Got the 19 inch forged wheels? And wanna sell? 😅

Yes the pan roof and upgraded sound system is included with premium.

Got the 19s yeah but when I was looking I was actually on the hunt for the standard 18s as I'd read the ride was much better. I'm OK with the ride on the 19s - although I always have it in Comfort mode. Any firmer and it feels crashy like an Audi. Would be interested to know what the 18s ride like on a Sport setting.

But let's me honest...the 19s look so good you don't care about the ride...

Interesting to see what you read if you can dig it out? I wouldn't have thought it's that big a difference between the two.

Any other extras you've got on yours you really like?

But let's me honest...the 19s look so good you don't care about the ride...

Interesting to see what you read if you can dig it out? I wouldn't have thought it's that big a difference between the two.

Any other extras you've got on yours you really like?

Switchable exhaust
Pan roof
360 camera
Burmeister
Red leather
- These were my must haves.
Night pack
Wood oak effect interior
- These were bonuses

What it doesn't have is the Android Auto App capability - to mimic your phone on the dash tablet. My missus has this on her 20 plate and it's ace. Not sure when this became an option though.

Nice, pretty similar to what I'm after.

What do you use it for? Waze?

Is it Android Auto? Android Auto for Mercedes-Benz

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm guessing yours is pre 2018? I'll probably be looking at a 2017 model.

Nice, pretty similar to what I'm after.

What do you use it for? Waze?

Is it Android Auto? Android Auto for Mercedes-Benz

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm guessing yours is pre 2018? I'll probably be looking at a 2017 model.

Mine doesn't have this functionality - I've only seen it in my wife's new car (20 plate Golf GTi) where her in-car display is an exact mirror of her phone so she can control apps like Spotify, Wayz, Google Maps, messages, emails, etc etc. through the head unit display using touch. I did a bit of reading and found references to Android Auto which, apparently, can provide the same sort of functionality. It's a nice bit of tech to have and I presume/believe that newer MB cars have it.

That’s interesting, if it’s now the same rate for any mileage. It looks like it’s bee achieved by putting the cost up across the board! 😳
I’m pretty sure that’s for the standard range. I’m had this discussion with the service department when i needed warranty work and he had to enquire to find out Amg have 2 years

Will Android Auto and Carplay be affected when the government updates the phone usage legislation to ban all interaction with a mobile phone whilst driving?

I’m pretty sure that’s for the standard range. I’m had this discussion with the service department when i needed warranty work and he had to enquire to find out Amg have 2 years

The sales advisor who I spoke to when I took one out for a test drive the other day said that they're 1 year only, and I can't even negotiate an extra year as the warranty isn't with themselves, but with the warranty company.

The sales advisor who I spoke to when I took one out for a test drive the other day said that they're 1 year only, and I can't even negotiate an extra year as the warranty isn't with themselves, but with the warranty company.
I’m fairy sure that the dealer would be able to pay for a second year of warranty, but it’s not factored in to the asking price of the car.

When it was Mercedes UK policy to offer 2 years warranty on used AMG cars then it was factored into the asking price.

When was the car registered?

If a car is less than 3 years old then the dealer buys a part year warranty to top up to 12 or 24 months (not available to consumers).

The 2 year warranty was one of reasons why I bought from the main dealer. This is potentially a game changer come upgrade time

The 2 year warranty was one of reasons why I bought from the main dealer. This is potentially a game changer come upgrade time
Just buffet £2600 on top of the price of the car for the additional year of warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom