broke down on my lunch break.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davethemus

Car
mercedes c280 1999
broke down on my lunch break. advice needed

at lunch time today the car was workin' perfectly, once i bought my lunch i jumped in the car to make my way back to work, when i sat in the seat the clock and mileage were all showing as normal. when i put the key in too start the engine, nothing, the mileage and time disappeared as-well. i would check my battery but the tailgate has been smoothed off and i can't get into the boot. does anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong with the car and how to get into the boot without any power? :dk:

Last edited:
Cant you just power up the car from the jump points under the bonnet?.

Lynall

There isn't a jump point under the bonnet as such. But if you take the top off the box at the back right hand (passenger side) of the engine bay you should find a +ve terminal you can connect a battery charger to. The fuse box is another option for this.

Alternatively the big +ve terminal on the starter motor (more difficult to access though).

There isn't a jump point under the bonnet as such. But if you take the top off the box at the back right hand (passenger side) of the engine bay you should find a +ve terminal you can connect a battery charger to. The fuse box is another option for this.

Alternatively the big +ve terminal on the starter motor (more difficult to access though).

brilliant mate, thank you.

If it's of any help the +ve terminal can be seen in this post.
It's under the square black plastic cap, with X on it, seen in the top right.
It's off a CLK320, but there might be some common aspects to the C280.

N.B Rectangular on a C240 - pic just reminded me my washer bottle needed topping up.

I've had that happen to me a few times when i had my old battery in. Found that alot of acid had built up near one of the terminals during this summer's heatwave and i had to replace the battery as it lost its charge over time. My car never broke down though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom