C280 Heated rear window switch won't go out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Dec, it's got to be something like that eh, when I bought the car the previous owner had put a new battery in the car and he said the light had only been coming on since the new battery went in I had no reason not to believe him as he was a decent guy. Will give this a go and let you know how I get on. I was a bit nervous about disconnecting the battery on this as had read other threads of all sorts of problems people have had messing about with batteries and once they had changed them.

Just disconnect the earth (ground) cable only.
When you reconnect, do it quickly so as to avoid sparking.
Make sure the keys are in your pocket at all times, you don’t want them in the ignition while you are dis-connecting/re-connection the battery cable.
Again, be sure you don’t lock yourself out of the boot while battery is disconnected.

Dec

attachment.php

Well.... glad eventually got it sorted. Turned out to be a faulty front SAM unit. Ordered two off ebay at £16 quid, fitted and heated rear window light out and now fully working. Big Thanks to Chris at Benz Tech for researching it, sorting it and doing a great price. Thanks Dec for the help and suggestions, at least if this problem crops up for anyone else this thread will be very useful. Thanks again. Mark

Last edited:
Well.... glad eventually got it sorted. Turned out to be a faulty front SAM unit. Ordered two off ebay at £16 quid, fitted and heated rear window light out and now fully working. Big Thanks to Chris at Benz Tech for researching it, sorting it and doing a great price. Thanks Dec for the help and suggestions, at least if this problem crops up for anyone else this thread will be very useful. Thanks again. Mark

I think I might have this problem too, but the car still with seller until I collect it, can someone tell me what a SAM unit is, part number or photo of same would be very helpful.

P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom