C350e anyone considering one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I ordered blind and have never driven a C class. Glad to hear it was good [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made!!

I have ordered C350e in the middle of last month and dealer said that the car will be in April production. When do you think it can be delivered me?

Same here - I have a car from Lex, I went to my local dealer (not the supplying dealer) armed with a copy of the V5, delivery note etc and the dealer was only too happy to activate on the system for me - didn't need to see any of the paperwork or ID, they just wanted to make sure my email that I'd registered with and the VIN number were correct!

Did you need to pay anything for the activation? I heard there was a subscription to pay, but I'm wondering if the dealer chargers to actually switch it on after delivery?

Did you need to pay anything for the activation? I heard there was a subscription to pay, but I'm wondering if the dealer chargers to actually switch it on after delivery?

No cost. :thumb:

SeanC350e said:
Delivery confirmed today for Wednesday next week. 1 long week left! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky guy, will keep a look out for it.

Hello all
New to this forum, and seriously considering a C350e, moving from a BMW M135i...
I'm after a Prem pack car, and am getting mixed messages about the wheel options - Estate MUST have 18's, but saloon's don't (some stuff on here about Pano roof which I understand). One leasing company has said "all MY 16A cars with Prem pack get 22R 18" wheels as standard" Another leasing company says something else, and 18's added to a lease on a Prem pack saloon adds something stupid like £25 a month
Anyone know what the true story is for new order cars?

Hello all
New to this forum, and seriously considering a C350e, moving from a BMW M135i...
I'm after a Prem pack car, and am getting mixed messages about the wheel options - Estate MUST have 18's, but saloon's don't (some stuff on here about Pano roof which I understand). One leasing company has said "all MY 16A cars with Prem pack get 22R 18" wheels as standard" Another leasing company says something else, and 18's added to a lease on a Prem pack saloon adds something stupid like £25 a month
Anyone know what the true story is for new order cars?

Only the Sport has 17" on the estate, both packs have mandatory 18" rims. Adding a tow bar also adds 18" wheels. Weight reasons I believe.

Big downside for company car tax payers as this pushes things up a band

I have ordered C350e in the middle of last month and dealer said that the car will be in April production. When do you think it can be delivered me?

Two at our company including mine were ordered same time and we've been told end of April so hopefully same for you :)

Id be interested to know too, my understanding is that you need ot present the V5 to the dealer for them to activate and I would need this from Arval?

Thanks in advance

Arval's first reply to us is no but we're going to speak to our account manager.....I hope they realise connect me is needed for the 350.

What did you tell them?

IIRC, I asked Arval and they told me to ask the dealer, that they couldn't do it but they saw no reason why not. I didn't give any reasons. Then I asked the dealer and they got the V5 from Arval with just one reminder.

Id be interested to know too, my understanding is that you need ot present the V5 to the dealer for them to activate and I would need this from Arval?

Thanks in advance

Yes that's what happened in my case. They also needed a scan of the front and back of my driving license photo card.

Only the Sport has 17" on the estate, both packs have mandatory 18" rims. Adding a tow bar also adds 18" wheels. Weight reasons I believe.

Big downside for company car tax payers as this pushes things up a band

Thanks, I see on the MB pricing for the UK, that the estate it is mandatory, and the pricing for a Prem adds £1695 for the Prem Pack, and also £595 for the 18's. No such mandatory add on for the Saloon it seems in this market

From the pricing here
it states;
2 For C350e Sport Estate OTR price includes additional cost of £595.00 for 18" alloy wheels (code 22R)

Probably doing a personal lease, so not too concerned about the BIK, really prefer the 18's looks wise...

Weird - but slightly clearer mud now... :)

Arval connect me

After kicking up a fuss with my broker I received the following email this morning - happy days :thumb:

Good Morning Richard,

Unfortunately due to the access & certain other allowances that these
type of services provide to the manufacturers, most funders/lease
companies advise that this is not something they allow their dealers to
activate on their vehicles.

However, on this occasion I have requested an exception to allow their
permission for it to be activated of which I can confirm has now been
done.

I have forwarded the dealer on the email confirming this, so it can now
proceed on where it left off.

Kind Regards,

Just had a phone call from my Dealer (Car not Drug) to say that, despite them confirming yesterday that the build had been delayed by a couple of days, the car left the factory yesterday and is en-route.

Should be driving it around by the end of the month!!!

After kicking up a fuss with my broker I received the following email this morning - happy days :thumb:

Good Morning Richard,

Unfortunately due to the access & certain other allowances that these
type of services provide to the manufacturers, most funders/lease
companies advise that this is not something they allow their dealers to
activate on their vehicles.

However, on this occasion I have requested an exception to allow their
permission for it to be activated of which I can confirm has now been
done.

I have forwarded the dealer on the email confirming this, so it can now
proceed on where it left off.

Kind Regards,

Thanks for the update. I've been back and forth with the dealer and Arval this morning. After kicking up a fuss Arval are currently reviewing and I'm awaiting a response. Fingers crossed.

Finally had the opportunity today to see what EV range I could get if I really tried.And I am surprised by the result.

Plan charge car, drive to motorway on e save then switch to EV only.
So used car as normal this morning them pluged in and charged to 100% car indicated 14 miles on EV. drove 3 miles to motorway on e save
Car showing 100% battery and 14 miles still
Turned everything off I could so no ac, heater lights etc
Switched to EV and cruise control to 50 (speed restrictions)
Motorway clear so hardly touched the controls 12 miles of 50 mph completed range showed 4 left
Speed restrictions ended so increased to 65 still on cc
5 miles to my exit done on EV no issues now showing no range but still 20% battery
Drove the 1 mile to destination on EV in stop start traffic again no problem arrive with 11% battery and 18 continuous EV miles a new record for me and I feel with more motorway the 19 or more is achievable but as the opertunity to drive like this is not normal not going to see it very offtern.
Also surprised consumption did not vary much between 50 and 65 as long as you used cc I expected it to plummet.

Finally had the opportunity today to see what EV range I could get if I really tried.And I am surprised by the result.

Plan charge car, drive to motorway on e save then switch to EV only.
So used car as normal this morning them pluged in and charged to 100% car indicated 14 miles on EV. drove 3 miles to motorway on e save
Car showing 100% battery and 14 miles still
Turned everything off I could so no ac, heater lights etc
Switched to EV and cruise control to 50 (speed restrictions)
Motorway clear so hardly touched the controls 12 miles of 50 mph completed range showed 4 left
Speed restrictions ended so increased to 65 still on cc
5 miles to my exit done on EV no issues now showing no range but still 20% battery
Drove the 1 mile to destination on EV in stop start traffic again no problem arrive with 11% battery and 18 continuous EV miles a new record for me and I feel with more motorway the 19 or more is achievable but as the opertunity to drive like this is not normal not going to see it very offtern.
Also surprised consumption did not vary much between 50 and 65 as long as you used cc. I expected it to plummet.

Very interesting Hatchie you seem to be the record holder at the moment, unless YOU know different.

It's the colour that makes the difference.

Mine's going to be white too - when it gets here: Hooray!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom