C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does it not send the unlock message? Are the doors locked when this happens?

Any chance you are opening the boot any other way by accident? Door pocket switch, or swipey foot gadget?

I'm pretty sure it's the key, it's always when I'm inside. I've never figured out the foot thing...and door pocket switch?

I'm pretty sure it's the key, it's always when I'm inside. I've never figured out the foot thing...and door pocket switch?

Foot thing is a slow right to left sweep under the bumper. Maybe your key is in range of the car and a cat is walking past?!
Don't you have a boot switch just above the front of the door pocket on the driver's door?

Foot thing is a slow right to left sweep under the bumper. Maybe your key is in range of the car and a cat is walking past?!
Don't you have a boot switch just above the front of the door pocket on the driver's door?

Ah yes I do have that switch, my car doesn't have keyless entry so is the foot thing not on mine??

Not sure what the foot thing comes with to be honest. I don't even know it's proper name!
You're not missing much. It's hit and miss at best.

Not sure what the foot thing comes with to be honest. I don't even know it's proper name!
You're not missing much. It's hit and miss at best.

Not sure if it's EASYPACK or if that's just the electric boot opening, i'll be sure to wave my foot about under the car later like a nutcase.

After a bit of practice I found the boot opener works best if you are standing about 2 feet away and you jab your foot in and out quickly high up and bang in the centre, if you stand too close and wave your foot it doesn’t work. Talking of strange happenings, our sun roof shade opens itself over night sometimes, thought I was losing the plot at first but it’s happened a few times now.

A former colleague was always opening the windows on his Lexus - he insisted on keeping the fob in his overly tight trouser back pocket, then sitting on it.

As for the 'easy open' boot, I've already recounted my tale of woe on that one - managed to hook a shoe lace onto a cable bracket underneath the rear bumper and was stuck hopping on one foot while the missus undid the lace. Annoyingly, she never has trouble with the feature - it works every time for her.

Hi all

Was wondering.. Have a c350e premium plus with the black piano plastic centre console, I'd like to change it to the black ash wood with the small clock on the middle, has anyone had this done or know how about getting it done?

I asked a dealer here in Ireland and they didn't want to know

Hi all

Was wondering.. Have a c350e premium plus with the black piano plastic centre console, I'd like to change it to the black ash wood with the small clock on the middle, has anyone had this done or know how about getting it done?

I asked a dealer here in Ireland and they didn't want to know

Blimey. It's certainly not a main dealer job. First thing is to price up the parts. Don't forget the wood is on the doors too. Then you need to find out if the clock wiring is there on all cars. I suspect it is, but does the clock need programming into the car system? I'd be amazed if it was just plug and play. In reality I can't see it being feasible. If you just want rid of the shiny plastic and are not too bothered about the clock, take it to a place which does car wraps and see if they will quote you for covering the plastic.

This. I was going to wrap my centre console, and had spoken to a wrapper who confirmed he’d do it. I didn’t bother in the end as it’s a company car. But I do hate the piano black finish.

Just announced Plug in Grant to end. I can’t see an end date but it reads like it will end very soon.

I guess the bag of carrots had to run out eventually. Presumably there’s a nice new stick on the way to replace it.

Just announced Plug in Grant to end. I can’t see an end date but it reads like it will end very soon.
Where did you hear this? It’s only been a few months since the government made announcements about increasing the number of low-emission vehicles on the roads!

Cut entirely for PHEV and reduced from £4500 to £3500 for EV.

I didn’t get it on mine anyway as it was over the 50g limit due to the 18” wheels.

Just had mine back from its 30k service and the first time it’s ever shown 16 mile battery range. Plus they’ve updated the Garmin sat nav operating system. Not tried it out yet but has a different screen format. Hopefully much improved. Interesting though to check the maps you have to register on line and plug the SD card in. They don’t do it at the service. Mines a 2015/16 version and apparently the latest update!

Had mine serviced yesterday (A service) at 47k miles and was informed in needs two new Spring Control Arm Balljoints! Good job it’s being done under warranty otherwise i’d be a bit peeved.

Just had mine back from its 30k service and the first time it’s ever shown 16 mile battery range. Plus they’ve updated the Garmin sat nav operating system. Not tried it out yet but has a different screen format. Hopefully much improved. Interesting though to check the maps you have to register on line and plug the SD card in. They don’t do it at the service. Mines a 2015/16 version and apparently the latest update!
Well used the new Garmin update yesterday. Still takes an age to load up. Despite going through the configurations to change, you can now only select 1 choice for navigation. Quickest, Shortest, ,
Lowest fuel. Previously you could select all 3. It’s now really clunky to switch as you can only choose one and it doesn’t give you a preview map after planning the route.

Does anyone know which winter tyres MB recommend for the C350e?

MO graded winter tyres are not really very good. They tend to be fairly old designs. You are better going away from MO. Continental TS860 are very good. I've used them for the last couple of years now. Current winter tyre review here:
2018 ADAC Winter Tyre Test 205 55 R16 - Tyre Reviews

Merc technical department advised me to run 225/50/17 all round on 7x17 wheels. I use these:
Mercedes-Benz 17 inch rims set of | C-Class W205 | 5-spoke wheel | vanadium silver

You will need a set of TPMS valves too. I got them from my local dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom