C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The delayed charging is completely useless this evening. I’ve just told it several times to delay the charging until 9:30am tomorrow and it’s changed the departure time in front of my eyes to 9:30pm this evening.

Now it’s returning an error message saying the service isn’t available.

The Mercedes Me app is no better - it thinks the doors are open and the vehicle is unlocked.

PLEASE HELP NEW TO FORUM AND WANT TO ADVERTISE MY CAR FOR SALE S350 LWB HOW DO I GO ABOUT DOING THAT

You require 30 posts before we allow advertising. please do not spam the forum with pointless posts to get to this number.

Whivenhoe gave me a pointer regarding the Mercedes Me web no longer supported on i phone in reply to my post regarding using Geofencing. If you log onto the portal using your phones web browser, I useded Safari, and then add the page to the home screen you can access the missing features on your phone easily. You need to rename the page before saving or you will get two identical looking Mercedes Me icons on the home screen I called the web portal Connected.

Not sure if this work around solves your heating timing problem as on the 250d this is not applicable. Vehicle tracking and Geofencing certainly work this way. I have found the send destination to the vehicle far easier with the phone app, a message comes up on screen with the destination. With the old portal link I needed to go into Comand, wait ages while Mercedes apps loaded, then select the app and load the data. The app makes the whole process far easier.

Pre-entry climate control appears to be functioning again for me this morning. I wonder if the switch between services took down a Mercedes system temporarily?

Annoyingly, the new interface is no faster than the old one and appears to be more complicated. I now need to scroll down a page before I can even see the option to use the services I want. When I click “Programming of charging settings and pre-entry climate control” (snappy title, Mercedes - well done), the screen only shows me “activate now”. They’ve managed to fill the entire screen with a pointless title, a subtitle, a picture that takes up half the screen (and makes the page slow to load), the “activate now” button and a toggle switch for whether climate control at time of departure is active or not. All this green needs is three functions: on now, on delayed and set departure time. How can they fail to put those things on one screen?

If I want to set the departure time, I actually need to open a new screen which finally allows me to activate the option to set the departure time. This is the worst user experience I’ve ever seen. The only glimmer of hope is that the departure time options of “off” and “once” hint at the possibility there may be a future option to set a schedule of several future departure times. Sadly, that feature will be soul-destroying to use if what I’m seeing now is any guide. I pity B250e and e-tron drivers who completely rely on these features.

I’d suggest sending MB some feedback on the new site......but we alll know how well that’ll go, don’t we.

I’d suggest sending MB some feedback on the new site......but we alll know how well that’ll go, don’t we.

Well I’d quite like to build up some evidence of poor service for when they start to charge me. I think I only have 3 years of connected service free of charge, then it’s annual payments...

I think the only remote service I'll consider paying for when the time comes will be pre-entry climate, but even that is marginal for me. It's not that hard to go and flip the switch on the dash....

Yes, it's pretty poor. The timed pre-entry only works in 30 minute slots too! Why?!

I'm probably getting old and grumpy, but these days I find more and more simple things are replaced by something over complicated, seemingly just for the sake of it. I always suspect the people who create these things never have to use them. This interface was probably created by a bunch of technobeard skateboarders who would never dream of using a car. :confused:

I think the only remote service I'll consider paying for when the time comes will be pre-entry climate, but even that is marginal for me. It's not that hard to go and flip the switch on the dash....

I’ll have to open the user guide app to find that switch! [emoji51]

Yes, it's pretty poor. The timed pre-entry only works in 30 minute slots too! Why?!

I'm probably getting old and grumpy, but these days I find more and more simple things are replaced by something over complicated, seemingly just for the sake of it. I always suspect the people who create these things never have to use them. This interface was probably created by a bunch of technobeard skateboarders who would never dream of using a car. :confused:

If you click on the departure time instead of using the up and down arrows, you can set a time to the minute. At least in Safari on iOS, you can...

Also, what is this chart??
acda87158090c3bcd071c6cad292fe76.jpg

How hard can it be to check whether text will fit onto a screen or whether it will display overlapped and be almost unreadable?

After three and a half years of trouble free ownership I am now getting the malfunction warning and the loss of all electric drive. I have booked it in so I am anxious to know whether this is terminal and whether MB will try to welch on the six year battery warranty.

After three and a half years of trouble free ownership I am now getting the malfunction warning and the loss of all electric drive. I have booked it in so I am anxious to know whether this is terminal and whether MB will try to welch on the six year battery warranty.
Good luck with that. What mileage have you done ?

Good luck with that. What mileage have you done ?

If more than 63k then my suspicion would be it'll be a tough fight. You might have to try and use the 2015 Consumer Rights Act, Consumer Rights Act 2015 - Which? Consumer Rights

If less, I have the correspondence for the Ombudsman and the MB response to it if you need it to remind them of their obligations...... PM me if you want a copy. Basically, the ENTIRE EV drivetrain, battery and control electronics ARE covered for 6 years/63k miles MBs words, not mine.

"I can confirm that during the Plug-In Warranty Period, the Battery Certificate covers any technical malfunction of the associated plug in components (electric machine and power electronics) arising from an inherent manufacturing fault. I would advise Mr xxxxx that this information is readily accessible within the ‘Owners Area’ on our website www.mercedes-benz.co.uk, along with further information on the Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited Battery Certificate for Plug-In Hybrid and Electric Drive Vehicles equipped with High Voltage Batteries (also attached)."

(The information wasn't available via that link by the way! - they appeared quite upset that the 'internal document' that we all saw that led to me raising this case had escaped into the wild)

I think all C350e and E350e owners should be interested in this one. Might even be worth contacting the media if you don't get a satisfactory outcome using conventional routes - I can imagine MB might be slightly sensitive to issues with their EV elements in current times. But of course, I do realise how naive that sounds.....

Good luck and please, keep us posted.

In which case, should certainly be covered by the “Hybrid battery warranty” with zero quibble.

Having re-read my post, I should clarify. It reads a bit ranty, sorry about that!

We’ve not seen many issues reported on here with the C350e so far. Early on there was the leaky charge connector affected cars, which were recalled and fixed, and later ones had new parts so no problem. That’s good, and seems par for the course. We’ve seen one (I think?) bad battery on here. Apologies, but I forget who suffered it, but after some persistence on the part of the owner to get the dealer to acknowledge the issue, they got a new battery fitted and all was well. IIRC, it might have started with a faulty battery cooling system??

So, stuff happens from time to time, it’s inevitable that there are failures but it doesn’t seem as if the C350e is in any way particularly badly afflicted. Certainly, there seem to be way more issues with the BMW 330e.

What matters is how the dealers and MB respond.

Again, very best of luck with this @Runlmc , I genuinely hope that the dealer just do their thing, diagnose the problem and that MB honour the warranty without any drama.

How nice would it be if they had to fit the new, bigger battery to fix it! (Yeah, right!).

Thank you for the info. It works fine for the first 5-10 mins then says malfunction. So you could be correct in suggesting a faulty battery cooling fan.
MB will have the car next week so will update you afterwards.

more likely a long time on idle....

I had the c220d estate c class as a loaner once, quite liked the 9G-MATIC but a lot noisier!

They usually give me an a class....when it's a180d it's disappointing though is frugal, when it's the a200d it's quite fun.

They gave me a b180d this week, didn't like that, a class had much much less body roll.

Pre-entry climate control appears to be functioning again for me this morning. I wonder if the switch between services took down a Mercedes system temporarily?

Annoyingly, the new interface is no faster than the old one and appears to be more complicated. I now need to scroll down a page before I can even see the option to use the services I want. When I click “Programming of charging settings and pre-entry climate control” (snappy title, Mercedes - well done), the screen only shows me “activate now”. They’ve managed to fill the entire screen with a pointless title, a subtitle, a picture that takes up half the screen (and makes the page slow to load), the “activate now” button and a toggle switch for whether climate control at time of departure is active or not. All this green needs is three functions: on now, on delayed and set departure time. How can they fail to put those things on one screen?

If I want to set the departure time, I actually need to open a new screen which finally allows me to activate the option to set the departure time. This is the worst user experience I’ve ever seen. The only glimmer of hope is that the departure time options of “off” and “once” hint at the possibility there may be a future option to set a schedule of several future departure times. Sadly, that feature will be soul-destroying to use if what I’m seeing now is any guide. I pity B250e and e-tron drivers who completely rely on these features.

Really annoys me that they've removed the Web app, I found it reasonably good....now there is the choice between the Android app which is poor or using the website on your phone which is slow and awkward. I moaned at them on Twitter and they told me to call for support....what's that going to do? They're going to turn it back on !?

There is a recall out there currently to do wit checking the wiring around the charge socket, mine was done this week....no issue found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom