• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C63 507 Edition Wide arch project

Hey buddy, a little company I use within my business did them for me as a favour, they do alot of re upholstery for my customers.
Did they remove the original logo? That must have been a nightmare!?

So erm.. I did a thing😂
Some time ago I ordered a set of paddle Shifter extensions for the car, totally forgot about them untill they arrived in the post today.🙄🤔

These are CNC machined black alloy, quality is actually far better than I thought, so I painted these too, now fitted to the wheel I'm kinda liking them tbh, so I'll see what they're like when the wheel goes on.. I may change my mind again who knows?

20211229_155128.jpg

20211229_155102.jpg

20211229_155402.jpg

20211229_155215.jpg

Initially I didn't think they would work and was considering painting or wrapping the oem Shifter in black to match, then realised that the contrasting silver and black actually works quite well with the other trims too.

As always, thanks again for the continued interest guys.

I finally managed to fit the new Interior parts today 🙌 💪
It's taken some time to get everything sorted but the finished results are worth the effort.

The mats are a combination of Diamond carmats and OEM mats, the floor section's were removed then stitched the OEM floor mats to the Diamond sides, then had the Logos restitched in Green.

20211230_152822.jpg

20211230_152950.jpg
20220101_144333.jpg
I've also removed the cargo net from the passenger side front and refixed it to the Diamond matting for a little more detail.
20220101_140113.jpg

Next up were the rear mats, these are done independently so the floor sections can be removed separately for general cleaning, the sides were cut away with new hemming to allow the OEM floor section's to sit neatly against them.

20220101_135752.jpg

20220101_135958.jpg
Now installed, the bright Green logos can still be seen when the front seats are folded back into place 😀, I know most people won't even see the rear sections but I'm pleased I took the time to do them.
20220101_140330.jpg

Gear Knob, Gaitor and steering wheel retrimmed in Dynamica with matching Green stitching to the mats, slightly thicker than Oem finish to suit my shovel size hands, now fitted it looks even better with the other trims and floor mats restitched.

20211230_131228.jpg

20211230_135453.jpg
20220101_144358.jpg

The OEM paddles and extensions I painted in the same colour as the car really pop inside the cabin, they look fantastic 😁.
The extensions are CNC machined magnesium alloy with annodised black finish and Green painted symbols, these are very good quality, they fit perfectly and really go well with the rest of the black and silver trims inside.
20211230_135034.jpg

20211230_135039.jpg

If only the pictures reflected how it looks in real life, it's completely transformed the inside of the car alongside the interior trims being wrapped in Brushed Black steel.
I'm happy with the finished results, now the quest continues with the seatbelts next, currently still trying to find a company that can supply what I'm after.

Thanks again for reading guys 😉😉

I finally managed to fit the new Interior parts today 🙌 💪
It's taken some time to get everything sorted but the finished results are worth the effort.

The mats are a combination of Diamond carmats and OEM mats, the floor section's were removed then stitched the OEM floor mats to the Diamond sides, then had the Logos restitched in Green.

View attachment 122280

View attachment 122281
View attachment 122282
I've also removed the cargo net from the passenger side front and refixed it to the Diamond matting for a little more detail.
View attachment 122283

Next up were the rear mats, these are done independently so the floor sections can be removed separately for general cleaning, the sides were cut away with new hemming to allow the OEM floor section's to sit neatly against them.

View attachment 122284

View attachment 122285
Now installed, the bright Green logos can still be seen when the front seats are folded back into place 😀, I know most people won't even see the rear sections but I'm pleased I took the time to do them.
View attachment 122286

Gear Knob, Gaitor and steering wheel retrimmed in Dynamica with matching Green stitching to the mats, slightly thicker than Oem finish to suit my shovel size hands, now fitted it looks even better with the other trims and floor mats restitched.

View attachment 122287

View attachment 122288
View attachment 122289

The OEM paddles and extensions I painted in the same colour as the car really pop inside the cabin, they look fantastic 😁.
The extensions are CNC machined magnesium alloy with annodised black finish and Green painted symbols, these are very good quality, they fit perfectly and really go well with the rest of the black and silver trims inside.
View attachment 122296

View attachment 122297

If only the pictures reflected how it looks in real life, it's completely transformed the inside of the car alongside the interior trims being wrapped in Brushed Black steel.
I'm happy with the finished results, now the quest continues with the seatbelts next, currently still trying to find a company that can supply what I'm after.

Thanks again for reading guys 😉😉
Looks absolutely stunning buddy ! What colour are you going to do the next car ? I’m voting for blue

Thanks for the replies guys. Taking a look at the new Interior, I still think that the W204 Interior is still one of the best to date, probably due to its simplicity and uncluttered design

20211230_153416.jpg

I have a W205 C250 Amg line premium plus, the interior build quality and design is nowhere near as good.
Just goes to show.. They don't make them like they used to (as my Dad would say).

Thanks for the replies guys. Taking a look at the new Interior, I still think that the W204 Interior is still one of the best to date, probably due to its simplicity and uncluttered design

View attachment 122323

I have a W205 C250 Amg line premium plus, the interior build quality and design is nowhere near as good.
Just goes to show.. They don't make them like they used to (as my Dad would say).
I booked a fast-turnaround slot for my car to be serviced this week, but the dealer threw me the key to a W205! saloon. It’s been a long time since I’ve driven one.

I didn’t look to see which engine and trim level it was but overall I was very impressed with it. The interior looked and felt really lovely too, and build quality seemed great.

I booked a fast-turnaround slot for my car to be serviced this week, but the dealer threw me the key to a W205! saloon. It’s been a long time since I’ve driven one.

I didn’t look to see which engine and trim level it was but overall I was very impressed with it. The interior looked and felt really lovely too, and build quality seemed great.
Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place to be, it the little details that let it down.
The general layout of the interior is too cluttered for my liking.
Man made leather interior
The switches on the center console are in the wrong order, the window switches have a cheaper feel to them, mine only has 15k on the clock and some if the chrome finishes are already peeling back.
I don't like the gear selector on the steering colum, kinda feels wrong and less engaging.
the cup holders aren't deep enough most bottles and cups I use move around too much as they're much smaller in diameter, The glass panel in front of the Pan roof has blown, a common fault on these that MB won't replace via warranty.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place to be, it the little details that let it down.
The general layout of the interior is too cluttered for my liking.
Man made leather interior
The switches on the center console are in the wrong order, the window switches have a cheaper feel to them, mine only has 15k on the clock and some if the chrome finishes are already peeling back.
I don't like the gear selector on the steering colum, kinda feels wrong and less engaging.
the cup holders aren't deep enough most bottles and cups I use move around too much as they're much smaller in diameter, The glass panel in front of the Pan roof has blown, a common fault on these that MB won't replace via warranty.
That’s a shame about the window switches because both my son and I commented on how good they felt to the touch. The cup holders are indeed to shallow for all but the shortest cups - no 20oz cups in a 205!

Hey MB Gang.
It's been a while since my last update on the build, partly due to a moment of insanity/midlife crisis.. selling my 507 and buying at Maserati GTS!!!!, yup drop my head in shame.

In short the deal went sideways and now have the car back, the build is still ongoing with more upgraded parts from the black series.

I removed all the skirt extensions and splitter when the car was sold, since having the car back I'm glad I removed them, it looks so much better without any of it on.

Be back soon with some of the details of the upgraded parts on order and some that are already fitted.

Wow, amazing car and thoroughly immaculate. More photos please 🙏 🙂
Thanks buddy, appreciated, its been extremely frustrating at times, I really didn't expect the project to take this long.. but then I guess that's probably my own fault

Moving on from the last update...

The interior mods are complete, the last of which is the OEM door sills. I like the illuminated ////AMG, although the brushed steel finish no longer matches anything else.

20220804_131735.jpg
For me personally, I think they look quite tired and don't work with the overall look/finish of the car.
So....
20220804_145758.jpg

Out with some Avery Dennison Vinly, cutting tape and a hair dryer.
I taped around the lower lip of the sill to keep a small section of the brushed steel as a border.
Leaving just the top section in black, with the AMG logo still visible.
IMG_20220805_191806_975.jpg20220804_145813.jpg

Happy with the outcome. I think it actually works better with the rest of the car... should I change my mind at any point I can simply remove the vinyl.

Looking sharp again without the skirts or splitter
Its crazy when I look back through the thread and can now see how terrible it looked with them on.. I've also started thinking of returning the external trims back to chrome.

Photo 29-08-2022, 09 01 02.jpg
Thanks for the continued interest...
More to come very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom