C63 507 Model Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I have been a daily lurker on this thread and found everyone to be very usefull. I finally bit the bullet and purchased my car in March this year. I am not sure if its on the registar? Following on from a few threads above the 507 market seeems to be moving very quickly at the mommennt .Some of the prices cars are achieving are very good. The white coupe on piston heads does look a tidy example.

I am a bit ocd, as a few of us are on here....and currently trying to get my car to perfect condtion:

-I have replaced the black front lip spolier (sone chipped)
-Booked the car in to have the front bumper resprayed (stone chips)
-Painted disc hub to visually enhance brakes

I have two outstanding items some one might be able to help me with?

Laquer peel on the front brakes, what is the best solution for this? Is it best to get sent away or to re laquer them in situ?

The final point is the wheels. I have exhauseted all options and spent hours trawling the internet. I presume no one has come up with a solution to refurbing or repainting the black wheels to keep the OEM look?

There a couple of wheels for sale on ebay but they are far from perfect. Does anyone know anyone that has a set or wheels for sale?

I really want to keep OEM look as they are becoming increasingly rare and trying to avoid buying a new set at £0000's

Once I have the above issues sorted , I will get a few pictures up. I am in the southwest if anyone is local to the area let me know.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been a daily lurker on this thread and found everyone to be very usefull. I finally bit the bullet and purchased my car in March this year. I am not sure if its on the registar? Following on from a few threads above the 507 market seeems to be moving very quickly at the mommennt .Some of the prices cars are achieving are very good. The white coupe on piston heads does look a tidy example.

I am a bit ocd, as a few of us are on here....and currently trying to get my car to perfect condtion:

-I have replaced the black front lip spolier (sone chipped)
-Booked the car in to have the front bumper resprayed (stone chips)
-Painted disc hub to visually enhance brakes

I have two outstanding items some one might be able to help me with?

Laquer peel on the front brakes, what is the best solution for this? Is it best to get sent away or to re laquer them in situ?

The final point is the wheels. I have exhauseted all options and spent hours trawling the internet. I presume no one has come up with a solution to refurbing or repainting the black wheels to keep the OEM look?

There a couple of wheels for sale on ebay but they are far from perfect. Does anyone know anyone that has a set or wheels for sale?

I really want to keep OEM look as they are becoming increasingly rare and trying to avoid buying a new set at £0000's

Once I have the above issues sorted , I will get a few pictures up. I am in the southwest if anyone is local to the area let me know.

Thanks

Welcome...

Do you have a coupe/estate/saloon?

I can’t help with the lacquer peel but in regards to the wheels. From what I know your only option is to buy new as no one as of yet can replicate the silver surround on the wheels. I assume that’s what you mean?

My advice would be to buy them from MB as it won’t be long before they are no longer available.

Prices seem to be going up fairly rapidly. If you have a good one keep it.

They are not many original unmolested ones about. Great cars, with a cult following...

Welcome...

Do you have a coupe/estate/saloon?

I can’t help with the lacquer peel but in regards to the wheels. From what I know your only option is to buy new as no one as of yet can replicate the silver surround on the wheels. I assume that’s what you mean?

My advice would be to buy them from MB as it won’t be long before they are no longer available.

Prices seem to be going up fairly rapidly. If you have a good one keep it.

They are not many original unmolested ones about. Great cars, with a cult following...
Hi

Thanks for the reply, sorry forgot to say the car is a coupe in white with 30k miles and 1 owner after me.

Yes its the OEM silver finish I am trying to replicate, as diamond cut / milling is not an option. I think might be working towards a solution. from what i can find the matt black colour on the wheels is AMG Matt Schwarz code BU0663. I presume the wheels are laqured after painting to seal the 'silver' rim? can anyone confirm this.

Thanks again for the help

The callipers can be re-lacquered in situ, although a bit easier if you take them off the car. Ensure any loose lacquer is peeled off then feather in the edges with 1200 grit wet and dry before spraying with VHT clear gloss calliper paint SP730.

The wheels are impossible to properly refurbish as the silver groove is CNC milled after painting black and then lacquering. Don't know if anyone has found someone who could maybe hand paint the silver groove after powder coating black?

The callipers can be re-lacquered in situ, although a bit easier if you take them off the car. Ensure any loose lacquer is peeled off then feather in the edges with 1200 grit wet and dry before spraying with VHT clear gloss calliper paint SP730.

The wheels are impossible to properly refurbish as the silver groove is CNC milled after painting black and then lacquering. Don't know if anyone has found someone who could maybe hand paint the silver groove after powder coating black?

No one as of yet is able to replicate this finish :(

Cars in for its annual service today... Mercedes Erdington.

Lets hope all goes well...

IMG_2693v.jpg

Already had feedback that all suspension components/brakes and tyres are in good to excellent condition...should hope so its barely done any miles since its last service :D

Cars in for its annual service today... Mercedes Erdington.

Lets hope all goes well...

View attachment 104183

Already had feedback that all suspension components/brakes and tyres are in good to excellent condition...should hope so its barely done any miles since its last service :D
Wow! looks spotless especially the exhausts , you've saved the garage a job! That reminds me mine's in for its MOT 3 weeks from today , got a week in Northumberland with it before then ...

The prices have really stabilized over the last few months.

There is a really nice coupe up with LSD!

So many coupes available...at varying prices.
One of the boutique dealers recently sold a low mileage saloon for close to 50k. It was advertised for a few hours then taken down as it was already sold.
Crazy market in crazy times.

One of the boutique dealers recently sold a low mileage saloon for close to 50k. It was advertised for a few hours then taken down as it was already sold.
What dealer?

The prices have really stabilized over the last few months.

There is a really nice coupe up with LSD!
Definitely - Autotrader showing 5 coupes at 39k or above , maybe all this talk of electric appliances only after 2030 has made people value the glorious but all too brief era of european muscle cars as personified by the 507!

May all 507ers have a Merry Christmas and a very happy, healthy and v-powered 2021

Definitely - Autotrader showing 5 coupes at 39k or above , maybe all this talk of electric appliances only after 2030 has made people value the glorious but all too brief era of european muscle cars as personified by the 507!

May all 507ers have a Merry Christmas and a very happy, healthy and v-powered 2021

I agree driving standard white goods is not our thing. Electric cars have their place until the next fad comes along. But for me it’s all about the combustion engine and none better than the m156 507 variant.
Such a rare car with presence and class.
I hope there’s a 507 meet next year!

I should add it’s only a matter of time before UK prices reflect those in Germany...65k euro plus
So if you can find a good one buy it...

I agree driving standard white goods is not our thing. Electric cars have their place until the next fad comes along. But for me it’s all about the combustion engine and none better than the m156 507 variant.
Such a rare car with presence and class.
I hope there’s a 507 meet next year!
There is one far far far superior.

Hey guys sorry I've not been on here for a while, it's been a very busy year.

There's currently so many views about the current value of the 507, it seems Non 507 owners think the prices aren't justified lol. It also shocked me on another Forum that there are quite a few owners who don't/ didn't even know what a 507 is lol.

I for 1 won't be selling mine.. it's the only car I've ever owned that's really gripped me to the point its more than just a car.. it's part of what makes me.

There is one far far far superior.
Wouldn't that be great.. I've owned mine for nearly 2 years and never seen another one on the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom