Camera Detectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
well, sort of proves that you can get arrested for using a jammer.

Jammers are ilegal but devices such as garage door openers (as long as the corresponding part is actually fitted to the garage dooor) and laser parking devices are not, 904nm Laser light wavelength is a public frequency. It is important not to confuse jammers with devices which may cause error readings on speed guns, anything that throws up the error code E34 jam on a gun will get you nicked no question, however if it throws up another error such as E01 gun shake then thats another matter ;)

Laser jammer banned

I saw this on the Daily Telegraph: Speed Camera Jammer Banned The driver did admit the "wilful obstruction of a police officer" (which probably didn't help...)

...also for what its worth, I notice the headline says a Porsche but in the article he seems to have been driving an Astra.

maybe he was driving it like a Porsche:)

Jammers are ilegal but devices such as garage door openers (as long as the corresponding part is actually fitted to the garage dooor) and laser parking devices are not, 904nm Laser light wavelength is a public frequency. It is important not to confuse jammers with devices which may cause error readings on speed guns, anything that throws up the error code E34 jam on a gun will get you nicked no question, however if it throws up another error such as E01 gun shake then thats another matter ;)

what do you make of the article a few posts back. Sounds like a chap was busted for a 'parking sensor' issue

Annette Hall, defending, told Great Yarmouth magistrates: "This device is not illegal to sell and not illegal to purchase and that is clearly an area that needs to be looked at.

"There are numerous devices like these to be found on the internet that can be set up as a parking sensor as well."

She added: "He accepts that because he had it switched on, he was wilfully obstructing the police officer."

There was presumably a good reason why he admitted the 'obstructing' bit :dk:

The ban was only 30 days, but still likely to have serious consequences re. insurance I guess.

Important to note that this is VERY current (report dated 22 Oct 2010), and described as a 'landmark court ruling' ...

Last edited:
...also for what its worth, I notice the headline says a Porsche but in the article he seems to have been driving an Astra.

It was an Astra. The two officers 'only became aware of them' when they stopped a Porsche 911 back in March.

This incident happened on October 2nd, so from being stopped to ban was only two and a half weeks!

i have the "road angel connected", its good, updates automatically via an inbuilt sim also.

im thinking of this in my c63
will it be ok with the windscreen ie not block the vision to the GPS?
i dont really want a separate antenna
im keen to be wireless , id plan to charge it at home
if i use trailing wires it will end up in the draw when the novelty has worn off...:dk:

im thinking of this in my c63
will it be ok with the windscreen ie not block the vision to the GPS?
i dont really want a separate antenna
im keen to be wireless , id plan to charge it at home
if i use trailing wires it will end up in the draw when the novelty has worn off...:dk:

Hi mate,

no problems with the windscreen at all, i would however recommend putting a power supply wire in on the A pillar (drivers side) so that you dont have to charge it indoors either, its wont drain your battary either as it switches off after a few mons when ur not moving.

When i find time the plan is to integrate it into the ashtray so that its out of sight. ive checked and its still a good signal from there.

let us know if you need more info.

Alps

Well I've had my road angel professional now for a few weeks and have been using it in my fiancee's car. It is a really good piece of kit and only takes about 30 seconds for the updates to upload if you check it every couple of weeks. Very easy to use and like it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom