• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

car body damage from main dealer

hi all bit of an update just got phone call from mercs they would like me to bring the car back Monday morning so the general manager and workshop manager can have a closer look ??? I asked did they check the cctv they was a bit evasive on that??? so im hoping they will at least do a gesture of good will considering it was the first time of my experience at Dartford Mercedes

I left my car at my local dealer for some new panels and paint, went to pick it up and noticed the paint was u/s and one new door had a dent in it...Oops.

I just said, "Are you going to sort it?", they said "Yes", I said "OK, no problem"..

End...!

MB Temple Fortune did check my C-Class but not in my presence

That's a big no, no. Somebody deserves a good slapping.

No worries... I am not going back there in a hurry - that was my first and last 'MB Main Dealer experience'. :eek:

Everyone should have one, once in their lifetime, but not more than once... :D

Ollie ever since... :cool:

Well this my very 1st experience with Dartford Mercedes and I am not impressed !! lets just see what they come up with ?? got to say the car is amazing love it so much but don't know if are buy another one now think are go back to bmw better the devil ya know me thinks feeling mighty ****** off!!!

Do BMW dealers generally have a better reputation? (I wouldn't know; I haven't had a BMW for decades).

There all bad as each other ...Dealers i mean!

AMG HAMMER youve had this misfortune but you've probably made alot of us aware & more alert when we go in for service & repairs now ... i will demand a inspection whilst im present before leaving my Motor!

Ya your right Espec I am just blowing steam just will not be happy till its back to its former glory :( wife has had enough with my moaning she said its only a lump of metal ......... So I divorced her lol ;) .In 2006 my mate use to manage the body shop there he said you would not believe what goes on at Dartford branch !!

i will demand a inspection whilst im present before leaving my Motor!

If you've got to do that, you really should consider using another dealer. Look at this way. If the dealership doesn't look after their own interests there's little chance they'll look after yours.

If you've got to do that, you really should consider using another dealer. Look at this way. If the dealership doesn't look after their own interests there's little chance they'll look after yours.

I'm just a fussy git John, that's why I would expect a body check whilst present ( that's how it should really be done regardless ). I would of already qualified the dealer for doing the work but look at what AMG HAMMER is going through ...if he could rewind the clock he'd still let them service it but just get them to do inspection whilst present. None of us expect this from a main dealer , most will fix the issue but like Now the poor guys going through a ..."did he do the damage & pulling a fast one or did we do the damage scenario!?

Understand entirely Espec.

Well fellas we will find out tomorrow what the out come will be all keep ya fingers crossed for me please I will keep you all informed.

Hi all well they checked cctv and guess what they wasn't sure if something had happened or not ???? but they have agreed to do the damage ;) and they will be giving me a demonstrator c 63 for a loaner till works done ..... phewww

Hi all bit of an update car is going in for the repair tomorrow they was going to loan me another c63 but guess what they have still got it loaned out so they are giving me an SL tomorrow quite looking forward to that

Hi well got the car back and its all done so im happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom