clock stops when ignition is off (w203)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonunit100

Car
Cls350 petrol 2006
Hi.
Has anyone out there heard of this - when I start my car, the clock on the dash reads the time when I last stopped the engine and locked the car. It stops running when the engine isn't running and carries on from where it left off when I was last driving the car. Also, the data since last start that shows doesn't reset itself like it used to.
It's a 2006 C180 Kompressor W203.
I'm guessing there is some sort of permanently live feed to the clock when the ignition isn't on that also runs a timer to reset the data since last start that is displayed and that on my car, it's gone open circuit.
Does anyone have any ideas or the relevant wiring diagram? I must admit I haven't done any fault finding yet (checking fuses etc)
I don't know if this is relevant but this happened while the car was in a valet car park for a week, a 'meet and greet' airport parking thing. I don't think they disconnected the battery because all my radio settings are still as they were.
Thanks for reading this.

Could they have put jumper leads on? Battery maybe needed some help to start the car.

Hi, thanks for your response. They say they didn't but I just have to trust them on that! I've read somewhere that jump starting these cars can cause problems but I would have thought there would have been more issues than just the clock. I've also managed to find a post where someone said it might be the battery is on its way out, but it doesn't seem to struggle to start the car.

Disconnect the battery for 30 mins then Reconnect . That can sometimes sort minor bugs out. I've just taken a dashboard and clock out a 2002 c180 coupe . If you want any pictures of how it looks or anything let me know.

Thank you to both of you that replied to my question. Much appreciated. But a strange thing happened, it sorted itself out! I was waiting for a daylight opportunity to try to fix it but now I don't need to! Thanks again though guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom