Considering selling my 507 and getting a C63s.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went from the w204 C63 PPP car to the w205 c63 non s and I love it (with P exhaust, 360 cam and HUD) plus a boat load of other options 😀

It’s all about the smaller wheels and silver callipers for me - for the estate. I do like the S but it’s a little to chav for my taste, but I like my cars going under the radar.

Having recently driven both back to back, the W205 was definitely the one for me. Non S but with a performance exhaust. Lovely.

If it’s the coupe, then I would probably go full chav S mode.
I see where you’re coming from, each to their own. I personally don’t love the none S but they represent excellent value for ££. The S may look a bit chav but to me looks exactly how a V8 amg should. The facelift S coupe has to be the nicest in class, esp with the GTR forged wheels 🤤

I see where you’re coming from, each to their own. I personally don’t love the none S but they represent excellent value for ££. The S may look a bit chav but to me looks exactly how a V8 amg should. The facelift S coupe has to be the nicest in class, esp with the GTR forged wheels 🤤
I do agree in parts about the S but two things put me off. First, the OPF silencing/in-car synthetic sound and second those horrible sports seats. I trawl AT every week for an S with the normal seats but they are rare. I like the S steering wheel though.

I do agree in parts about the S but two things put me off. First, the OPF silencing/in-car synthetic sound and second those horrible sports seats. I trawl AT every week for an S with the normal seats but they are rare. I like the S steering wheel though.
The sport seats imo are one of the main features of the S.. wouldn’t be the same without them.. in your case I’d go for a pre facelift non S model. Save the ££

The sports seats are superb once you adjust them to your body shape, i've made numerous long journeys with them and they are extremely comfortable. As has been said, pre-2018 models have no OPF nor synthetic noise in the cabin - just unadulterated noise (at least with the switchable exhaust).

I have the pre-facelift non-S version and I'm completely happy with it (it does have decent wheels though).
I don't want an unnecessary 9-speed transmission or piped-in sound.
Not sure I'd be able to use the extra 34bhp of the S version on the road anyway... and still keep a driving licence!
Just my opinion.

I have the pre-facelift non-S version and I'm completely happy with it (it does have decent wheels though).
Not sure I'd be able to use the extra 34bhp of the S version on the road anyway... and still keep a driving licence!
Just my opinion.
I also have a pre-facelift non S with normal seats, 19” wheels and no piped sound. If I could find an S with the normal seats I’d probably go for it just for the updated tech, steering wheel, multi-spoke alloys and just a newer car. But it wouldn’t be for the extra bhp (meh) or the 9 speed gearbox.

Have you driven the 9spd? It's much better to use, the extra ratios are just a bonus.
7 ratios are more than enough for normal use in my opinion - way too much cog swapping going on with 9 for my liking. Besides, the amount torque on offer with 7 is such, that I managed to do lap after lap of the Millbrook high alpine circuit in 3rd gear only, the engine never felt like it was off boost, not did the car feel slow at any point.

Just my opinion.
The S is a nice touch! But when I had a play with my friends C63S there’s nothing in them really just pulls one car length and stays there gap doesn’t get bigger or smaller

I found the same when driven back to back hence I went for the non s with more options (saloon) I did fancy the coupe but most were out of my budget and basic spec ,more owners and mileage than I wanted

I fancy changing the wheels but not sure which 1s to go for

@sgregory124 I wouldn't seek out the 9spd for the ratios but it reacts faster to paddle inputs which I do care about. Plus it's smoother in operation. If you're out for a blast in manual mode you can still focus on the lower ratios and just ignore the rest.

The 7G-Tronic's gear ratios are:
4.377 first
2.859 second
1.921 third
1.368 fourth
1.000 fifth
0.820 sixth
0.728 seventh

And the 9G-Tronic's gear ratios are:

5.502 first
3.300 second
2.315 third
1.661 fourth
1.210 fifth
1.000 sixth
0.865 seventh
0.717 eighth
0.602 ninth

@sgregory124 I wouldn't seek out the 9spd for the ratios but it reacts faster to paddle inputs which I do care about. Plus it's smoother in operation. If you're out for a blast in manual mode you can still focus on the lower ratios and just ignore the rest.

4.377 first
2.859 second
1.921 third
1.368 fourth
1.000 fifth
0.820 sixth
0.728 seventh

5.502 first
3.300 second
2.315 third
1.661 fourth
1.210 fifth
1.000 sixth
0.865 seventh
0.717 eighth
0.602 ninth
I read Mercedes quoting 100ms shift time for both 7G and 9G with speedshift MCT wet clutch

Have you driven the 9spd? It's much better to use, the extra ratios are just a bonus.
Yes, it just has too many ratios for my liking (and that much torque) in road use.

4.377 first
2.859 second
1.921 third
1.368 fourth
1.000 fifth
0.820 sixth
0.728 seventh

5.502 first
3.300 second
2.315 third
1.661 fourth
1.210 fifth
1.000 sixth
0.865 seventh
0.717 eighth
0.602 ninth
So the 9G has a lower first gear (which it just doesn't need) and one higher "cruise" ratio at the top.
I'd have to agree with you, I wouldn't seek it out ! :)

I found the same when driven back to back hence I went for the non s with more options (saloon) I did fancy the coupe but most were out of my budget and basic spec ,more owners and mileage than I wanted
Same ! But I’m a family man soo saloon was my only choice really and the new E63 was wayyyyy out of budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom