cost of pads/discs and fluid change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjs

Car
C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
Have I got a good deal?

Need front discs and pads (sport pack hence ventilated discs) + brake fluid change.

Main dealer said £350 all inc, not bad I thought. I asked if any chance it could be a bit keener - 1 minute later came back with £265. Never had such an easy time getting a bit of discount in my life:)

Booked in Sat am

That is an amazing price...who is your MB dealer??

Wifes parts for her A210 Evo given they were drilled and sloted etc, discs, pads, anti squeal and wear sensor was £130 from dealer.

I guess £130 to fit is around an hr? about right?

At least your not getting ripped off and save you getting the jack out :)

Snatch their hands off!!

seems keen but I'm never keen on dealing with someone who was prepared to charge me so much more initially until I queried their price

Snatch their hands off!!

Why? They haven't treated him as a Leper...

Guys -- his quote is for Brake Fluid change as well as discs and pads ....I think from a main dealer that is a bargain....

**** up it turns out

Make no wonder it was so cheap. Did the while you wait thing this morning and then when time to pay was told that they'd not priced up the sport pack discs hence the best they could do was £288 and that was with the labour rate discounted to £30 an hour from £70 and the parts reduced by 12.5%.

My response to the service advisor was hard lines, I said it had a sport pack when I asked for the quote, so £265 it will be. So she disapears to see the boss - the upshot being they agreed to the £265, but I'll have to wait a week for the invoice to be posted out as they are going to take it out of someones wages!

So hey ho, 2 free coffees, read the papers, sat in a few cars (new c class interior a bit low rent, CLS very nice), and got a car wash to boot. Some ones going to get a bollocking on Monday though...:D :D

I sell genuine BMW and Mini parts and discs seem to have quite a mark up. Certain parts seem to have quite a large mark up and others have very little. I can't say the same for Merc, but could well be the same.

Make no wonder it was so cheap. Did the while you wait thing this morning and then when time to pay was told that they'd not priced up the sport pack discs hence the best they could do was £288 and that was with the labour rate discounted to £30 an hour from £70 and the parts reduced by 12.5%.

My response to the service advisor was hard lines, I said it had a sport pack when I asked for the quote, so £265 it will be. So she disapears to see the boss - the upshot being they agreed to the £265, but I'll have to wait a week for the invoice to be posted out as they are going to take it out of someones wages!

So hey ho, 2 free coffees, read the papers, sat in a few cars (new c class interior a bit low rent, CLS very nice), and got a car wash to boot. Some ones going to get a bollocking on Monday though...:D :D

Did you get the brake fluid changed as stated in your OP.??

Did you get the brake fluid changed as stated in your OP.??

Yep, can see them doing the work whilst you wait as well, quite reassuring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom