DAB reception in new car is crap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anymore on the ****e dab in the coopes? I'm new to Merc, well apart from a ml a few years ago. I've now got a c220cdi 63 reg and its 10/10 for everything except the dab @ 0/10. Shocking on such a car.

I am so glad that my car hasn't got DAB -had it in 2 minis and wasn't over impressed often dropped out in the areas I drive where FM is fine.
Weren't they going to turn off FM soon ?????

I have a 2015 C class the DAB seems fine.
Maybe because I'm in a built up area with good DAB coverage.

The thing that annoys me and is a very easy feature to implement is a volume indication.
Most audio devices have a volume scale.

Dab in my 4 month old e coupe is shocking but what makes it worse is the inability to turn it off and just show fm stations. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? It's command online.

Dab in my 4 month old e coupe is shocking but what makes it worse is the inability to turn it off and just show fm stations. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? It's command online.

Mines the same, 205 premier plus with the expensive sound system, not a lot of good when the dab keeps dropping, as Markjames asks is there any way to just have FM

On my comand system I can go to the right of the screen and select the various types of radio signal. It then stays on whatever type I selected. I've left it on FM as DAB Defiantly Appears Broken is useless on Mercs.

DAB is utter craap in my W205 as well. In fact there are numerous issues it's going in for later this month.

The sat nav is embarrassing, and is out functioned and out performed by an Aldi £9.99 special!
The auto start stop is dangerously unreliable (I turn it off)
And at a recent 'upgrade' they removed several software functions and quick access menus I used all the time.

The car though is awesome, I love it. They just need to sort a few things.

The sat nav is embarrassing, and is out functioned and out performed by an Aldi £9.99 special!

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't splash out for the heads up display, only to see the navigation not perform.

Upgraded Radio Software

My DAB was working ok but wasn't displaying station etc info, dealer 'discovered' a software upgrade, unit has worked perfectly ever since :D Car is a 2014 W205 Sport C220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom