Do you use the speedtronic limiter?

Do you use the speed limiter on your Merc?

• No, not fitted

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • No, don't use cruise or limiter

Votes: 40 9.2%
  • No, do use cruise

Votes: 199 45.5%
  • Yes, I regularly use the limiter

Votes: 191 43.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't even realise I had that feature.

They've been on trucks for years. I think all cars should be fitted with them, great bit of kit. :thumb:

I use CC on motorways, and in average speed camera roadworks, when traffic is light; never used the limiter. I'm of a generation where I was taught to drive the car myself, and though there are numerous gadgets now available to do it for me, old habits die hard, I suppose, particularly when you don't feel a need to change them...

How regularly used the limiter on every Mercedes I have owned. Absolutely great around town, or in traffic / roadworks. Proud to have always had a clean licence, and feel that this helps keep it that way.
I'm the same. It was the one feature I most missed when I had an Audi, glad to have it back. Would love to also have distronic which in combination with the limiter would be perfect. Maybe on the next car (although planning on hanging on to mine for quite some time!).

I use CC on motorways, and in average speed camera roadworks, when traffic is light; never used the limiter. I'm of a generation where I was taught to drive the car myself, and though there are numerous gadgets now available to do it for me, old habits die hard, I suppose, particularly when you don't feel a need to change them...
I'm old...you must be ancient.

I use the speed limiter on my regular route into town since it includes a 50mph ave speed camera section. I flick it on as it starts and then just drive without concern for the limit...usually faster than others who are cautiously watching their speedos rather than the road.

Cruise or distronic in particular does the same job really so I dont think I have ever used the limiter except by accident, when as a result for a few minutes it felt like there was something wrong with the car!

I use the speed limiter quite regularly on roads with speed cameras, including the motorway. In the UK there is often too much cut and thrust on the motorway for me to use Distronic. With the speed limiter I set the limit and then adjust the speed below that myself when traffic dictates. I use Distronic on the continent, though, where the roads tend to be quieter and drivers are more consistent, and in road works in the UK when the traffic is bunched across all of the available lanes and the car ahead is inevitably doing 48.9 mph.

I use the limiter all the time in 30 or 40 zones, often in 50s, sometimes in 60s and occasionally in 70s. Usually add 10% upside to the setting. Almost never use cruise control.

I use the cruise control all the time in my car & van, never the speed limiter. I find it also has the added benefit of applying the brakes automatically / selecting a lower gear on ascending hills in urban areas, especially as there is a 30 mph speed camera at the bottom of a hill near where I live. With (lesser imo) cruise control on other makes of cars / vans it just runs away downhill, it did in my previous Volvo. A colleague who has a Ford Transit with manual transmission asked me the other week why his van stalled when ascending a hill at 30 mph with the cruise on ...I kid you not 🤦‍♂️😂

My speed limiter governs the speed going downhill which is useful in Peak District villages.

Yep use it almost every trip on the motorways M6- M42 -M25 especially useful as I feel I can concentrate more on the road conditions as opposed to speedo watching as well as watching the conditions also

Ive never used cruise control ever especially after 1 of my mates nearly died in a VAUXHALL senator GSI coming back from Germany and it stuck on (or he fell asleep) years ago, he crashed at over 130mph 😮

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom