E class design, do you prefer the new front end or the old

What front end do you like

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pity there wasn't an option to vote for the W124 layout.

Are we talking W211 4 light or W212 4 light ?

The poll is a bit flawed ....

I like the 4 headlight approach and can see why the W211 is popular (but have a W212). The 2 headlight facelift just makes it look like a big C Class and looses its presence on the road IMHO

The new grill is a big improvement on the E Coupe. On the saloon not so sure --the big sport badge grill model is OK but the traditional grill [which we don't now normally get in the UK] looks much better on the older design

I agree, works on the coupe but not on the saloon

I actually love the new E-class, looks very stylish and the standard SE spec is very good!

I was thinking of taking out a personal lease on a E220 CDI but at £399p/m and having nothing to show for it at the end I decided to give that a miss although I still keep thinking about it.

I do wonder who on earth would purchase the illuminated 'star' grille though! Seems a little tacky for a luxury saloon IMO...

Like my CLK the old E class is starting to look a dated now although I still love the shape of them too.

After seeing the new facelift coupe at the dealer a few weeks ago, I've changed my mind and think it looks better than mine

The facelift 212 is a massive improvement. The old 4 headlights looks very dated next to it.

Had two 211's, great looks and of all the current and recent MB cars, they can only be bettered by the original W219 CLS. Just had a CLA (£35K) out for the day, really ugly IMO, like most of new range, nothing special inside. Preferred the Nissan Note (12K) we had on loan.

Voted for the 4 headlight W211. Had considered buying the W211 saloon; really liked the overall style coming across as well balanced and pleasing to the eye. The interior looked great too but recently settled on a W204. The new W212 seems to be a large brother of the W204 and in my eyes does not look so well proportioned. As we get used to it I guess eventually it will make the W211 look old. W212 has grown significantly in physical dimensions too.

PeterC280

I voted for the latest two headlamps, didn't like the previous 4 headlamps , hence got the C class instead.

Have ordered the latest E class, picking it up in Sept! :bannana:

It HAS to be the W211 E63 AMG

Best overall package

The W211 is the best looking of all the 'E Calss cars. Lots of curves and excellent proportions. Same goes for the CLK, but the current W212's, the new A, B, CLA and W218 CLS just don't do it for me.

I was a big fan of the W212 when it first came out. When I first saw the facelift, I was horrified that they would defile the E-class in such a way. However, it did slowly start to grow on me, and having seen a couple of them in the flesh, I now can't get enough of it! It looks awesome in black, like any good E-Class should.

I've had an AMG kitted S211 and now have an AMG S212.

The S212 is bigger and more muscular, but I feel the S211 was prettier.

Having a wry smile at the location of the photo-shoot. The 63s natural home. A petrol station. :devil::D:thumb:

You'll note it's not at the pumps John - this time :cool:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom