E class design, do you prefer the new front end or the old

What front end do you like

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would never go for the round 4 headlight model. It always reminds me of that horrible looking late 80s Toyota (Corolla?) that came out first. The last version, with 4 square lights is ridiculous, I'm surprised it even lasted a couple of years before they wiped its face off.

But the facelift, big badge grill instead of that relic sticking out of the bonnet looks lush.

w211 still looks great to me... im not a fan of all the angles on the newer shape.... the w211 still looks fresh and looking at it from the side its flawless... was after one for a while and if I didn't get my present one, would have settled for the 5.0 ltr or the 3ltr diesel.. best colour is silver

211 4 separate lamps for me although many modern designs grow on me after a while.

If the pole was over the rear end I'd vote for the more modern incarnation.

I didn't vote, I only like the shape of w123 or w124 in general.
After that I only like the look of the clk.

Got the new 212 AMG cabriolet a week ago and extremely pleased. Car looks very well in white, strong believer of right car right colour when choosing a vehicle.
The new facelift was a little too soon IMO but looks very very angular and aggressive, when viewing the new front end as compared to pre-facelift. 'Samurai sword' front diffuser very fresh and rear trapezoid exhaust very modern too. Although citizen c4 had these rear pipes last year.
The interior is very cockpit like, probably the first time I've owned a car where everything is fingertip reach when driving, very relaxing.
The alloys could do with being 19" standard as the 18" just don't fill those large rear arches. Kinda looks like it has the wrong shoes on...!
Gosh that sounds like a complaint from an unhappy owner, quite the the contrary as extremely pleased. Set of 19" coming will do the trick.

W124 on carlsson wheels aces it

Mercedes_w124_estate_carlsson_r19_1.jpg

this particular E63 facelift looks really good
YH63URV-000_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
Prefer the new facelifted design - with the ILS.

I've got the w211 which I love but I have ordered the new one with the intelligent lights as they look better than the standard. I too wasn't keen on the aluminium so I've opted for walnut. The command on the 211 is rubbish IMHO

I prefer the old one, same goes for the CLS, but if I were to buy one I would still go for the facelift model based on the idea that the facelift is the equivalent of Service Pack 1....

I will admit that it was the 210 that made me take notice of Mercedes cars in general, iv'e always been a Jaguar fan and have owned two XJ6 but my 210 is my first MB (all be it an older model) and I just love it, I'm easily pleased so don't really hanker after a later/newer model. I very much like the menacing look of a 210 in my rear view mirror! there's just something about that four light 210 that commands respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom