E350 Cab Aircap Will not Retract

adrianph

Car
E350 Cabriolet
I have just had my E350 cab serviced at MB Northampton and now the aircap is not retracting properly. It tries to go down and then goes back up. I managed to get it back down with a combination of button pressing and a helping hand. Does this sound like the software problems you were having ? Thanks for any advice

thebook

Car
E350 CDI Cabriolet just replaced my 997 C4S
I had the same problem but it was not software related. I finally got fed up with it and cut off the broken pin in the AirCap system. Now works perfectly!

Ksf1960

Car
E Class Convertible
Hi "thebook" are you takling about the two plastic pins that lock the Aircap in place when closed. I am assuming I have the same issue. Are these Pins located where the two central hinges retract into if it closes properly? Without the locking Pins (if working as they should) does the Aircap not rattle in the wind at speed?

Charlie2020

Car
E220d bluetech cabriolet
hello forum,

I had this problem today and my search for the solution led me to this thread so thought I’d post my experience in case it helps others. So it would not close and when I pressed the on off button (centre console) on the left it would blink off and on again and retract and open very slightly. Put the roof down and back up a couple of times, locked it, kept fiddling, chleared any flies and still no joy. Anyway on the way home with roof down I aggressively pressed both sides of the button, both lights went on, then I pressed the off button and it retracted. I’m thinking I my angry button pressing found a reset combo? This happened once previously with rear windows not closing (but Mercedes breakdown sorted that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom