E63 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just saw this yesterday, really interesting colour. Not sure how nice it is but just great to see a not silver or black car.

Is it just me or does the s212 really grow on you. I was dead set on a s211 but the more I look the more I want a 212. Unfortunately they are out of my budget so I'm putting my purchase on hold till June ish time so I have save more in the car fun and get a nice 212.

There is a black s212 biturbo on AT at the minute that is a fantastic spec one owner car full MB service history for 22k that I wish I could stretch too. Luckily its miles away so iits not easy to look and get tempted to just buy it anyway lol
I know I wont be moving away from S212 for foreseeable future and if MB continue following the “trends” this will be my last E class model.

What IS the colour?

Or even better, an M113K...

There is a black s212 biturbo on AT at the minute that is a fantastic spec one owner car full MB service history for 22k that I wish I could stretch too. Luckily its miles away so iits not easy to look and get tempted to just buy it anyway lol
That estate has a huge spec (even without keyless package) but I would imagine the engine falls into the "M157 timing chain" range which would be something to consider. The VIN would confirm or deny.

That estate has a huge spec (even without keyless package) but I would imagine the engine falls into the "M157 timing chain" range which would be something to consider. The VIN would confirm or deny.
I've seen some videos of it and it looks immaculate. I would think it does fall into the timing chain bracket. I asked the seller if there was paperwork for remedial work done and if there was any rattle. Didn't really get an answer re work done but that was over email so I think a phone conversation would be best to find out more detail (or preferably visit in person to have a closer look). He did however say there was no rattle and sent a video of cold start up. I think it will get snapped up unless the mileage puts people off a bit. If it hangs around a bit I will probably go and see it once lockdown is over.

I’m not sure if Keyless Go was even available as an option back then, certainly on the other pre-facelift 212s inc. the earlier 6.2 cars it wasn’t on the price lists and I’ve never seen it on others of that age either.

I’m not sure if Keyless Go was even available as an option back then, certainly on the other pre-facelift 212s inc. the earlier 6.2 cars it wasn’t on the price lists and I’ve never seen it on others of that age either.
S211 can have keyless entry and keyless go so don't see why a 212 wouldn't be able too not that I'm that in the know re 212.

S211 can have keyless entry and keyless go so don't see why a 212 wouldn't be able too not that I'm that in the know re 212.

Keyless go has been around well before the 211 was even launched, but it wasn’t available on the 212 when it first came out :)

Keyless go has been around well before the 211 was even launched, but it wasn’t available on the 212 when it first came out :)
Huh how strange. Wonder why they chose to omit it from the early 212s. Seems like a backwards step

I know I wont be moving away from S212 for foreseeable future and if MB continue following the “trends” this will be my last E class model.
Never say never... I knew I wouldn't be moving on from the E500, and I wasn't looking for a replacement, but I saw Zero7's CLS Shooting Brake in the Classifieds and was almost instantly smitten, and now it sits on my drive. :D

Last edited:
Thanks Will. I need to gen up on the W212 spec and option changes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom