E63 Purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is a very good price. I've been topping up with castrol fully synthetic just because oil light seems to come up on weekends.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Every weekend ?

Just sent an email back to see if they’ve got any videos of the ipe downpipes on an w212 e63. Id like mine to sound similar to the bloke who’s got that red and black vinyl wrapped cl63. That things sounds as raw and aggressive as it gets!
I would be a bit cautious about a 4 door saloon car having too raw an exhaust, IMO it sounds a bit daft. On a "sports" car its a different story though.

I would be a bit cautious about a 4 door saloon car having too raw an exhaust, IMO it sounds a bit daft. On a "sports" car its a different story though.
Hmm, I disagree to an extent. It'd sound just as daft on a SLC, MX-5 or any other sporty but non-exotic car.

At the end of the day, the sound has to suit the appearance of the car. Loud V8 grunts and rumbles suit a muscular, powerful car such as the E63. It's not like the E63 looks like your 'regular 4 door saloon car'. But yes in many ways, the sportier, more aggressive design elements are still quite subtle in comparison to their AMG supercar counterparts. I'd say, the stock sound goes well with a stock looking E63. Once you start making the car look a bit more aggressive with specific options, aftermarket wheels, de-chroming, etc, you can match the exhaust noise with the styling in a proportionate way. I say this because from my personal experience, many people did get surprised by the sound it makes when stock-looking (which hasn't been a bad thing) but much of that has gone away since changing to a more aggressive appearance. It doesn't have anything to do with it being a 4-door saloon, at the end of the day, dropping huge engines into saloons and making them sound aggressive is what AMG is famous for.

Hmm, I disagree to an extent. It'd sound just as daft on a SLC, MX-5 or any other sporty but non-exotic car.

At the end of the day, the sound has to suit the appearance of the car. Loud V8 grunts and rumbles suit a muscular, powerful car such as the E63. It's not like the E63 looks like your 'regular 4 door saloon car'. But yes in many ways, the sportier, more aggressive design elements are still quite subtle in comparison to their AMG supercar counterparts. I'd say, the stock sound goes well with a stock looking E63. Once you start making the car look a bit more aggressive with specific options, aftermarket wheels, de-chroming, etc, you can match the exhaust noise with the styling in a proportionate way. I say this because from my personal experience, many people did get surprised by the sound it makes when stock-looking (which hasn't been a bad thing) but much of that has gone away since changing to a more aggressive appearance. It doesn't have anything to do with it being a 4-door saloon, at the end of the day, dropping huge engines into saloons and making them sound aggressive is what AMG is famous for.
I don't agree, those cars have a sports car design and a louder exhaust than normal is not going to be unexpected. I agree that the more exotic cars (Lambo's, Ferrari's etc) are much more suited to a loud exhaust but even then some owners have gone way over the top of acceptable levels. My opinion is biased due to the many cars I have driving past my house with unacceptable and sometimes just stupidly loud exhausts, the worst cases are AMG's, Fiesta's, Focus's, Audi RS's, and a few exotica. Loud exhausts are great for the owner and his/her one car but not for those of us who have to listen to dozens of cars everyday. :( I'm not against a reasonable exhaust decibel level (I actually would like to release a little more of the V8 sound from my SL) but sometimes owners go over the top.

I don't agree, those cars have a sports car design and a louder exhaust than normal is not going to be unexpected. I agree that the more exotic cars (Lambo's, Ferrari's etc) are much more suited to a loud exhaust but even then some owners have gone way over the top of acceptable levels. My opinion is biased due to the many cars I have driving past my house with unacceptable and sometimes just stupidly loud exhausts, the worst cases are AMG's, Fiesta's, Focus's, Audi RS's, and a few exotica. Loud exhausts are great for the owner and his/her one car but not for those of us who have to listen to dozens of cars everyday. :( I'm not against a reasonable exhaust decibel level (I actually would like to release a little more of the V8 sound from my SL) but sometimes owners go over the top.
I tend to agree, the SL is quite subdued compared to say a C63, I briefly considered changing the exhaust to something beefier but then realised it would remove some of the refinement for long journeys, nothing worse than a constant drone.

Funnily enough I was behind a C63 the other day when he tried to lose me, must have thought I was in an SLC, loads of screaming noise, even a wheel spin and there I was quiet as can be glued to his rear bumper, it kinda made me feel sorry for him [emoji6]

I tend to agree, the SL is quite subdued compared to say a C63, I briefly considered changing the exhaust to something beefier but then realised it would remove some of the refinement for long journeys, nothing worse than a constant drone.

A constant drone would if one removes the rear boxes or the resonator completely. Not by changing out one system for another, provided it’s of adequate quality.

Funnily enough I was behind a C63 the other day when he tried to lose me, must have thought I was in an SLC, loads of screaming noise, even a wheel spin and there I was quiet as can be glued to his rear bumper, it kinda made me feel sorry for him
emoji6.png

I bet first thing he did was selling his 63 and buying a “SL500AMG”.

A constant drone would if one removes the rear boxes or the resonator completely. Not by changing out one system for another, provided it’s of adequate quality.

I bet first thing he did was selling his 63 and buying a “SL500AMG”.
Wish you could try before you buy with the exhausts, I doubt he would buy a current SL500 they are not real AMG, an SL65 would be a proper upgrade performance wise [emoji6].

I don't agree, those cars have a sports car design and a louder exhaust than normal is not going to be unexpected.
A high performance, aggressively styled saloon with a loud-ish exhaust is surely more appropriate than a cheap sports car with a just as loud exhaust? Bear in mind, I'm not talking about cars trying to be sound more powerful than they actually are - such as a Fiesta or E220 producing Ferrari levels of noise. I'm talking real super saloons.
I just feel exhaust sound or its 'bark' can be justified by its bite rather than simply its appearance given it's now archaic to think only sports cars are fast cars. Super saloons have been around long enough for people to be aware they exist and to have supercar rivalling performance to match.

when i received my beast it sounded mental, but there was a little drone on the motorway. i had the center resonator put back in and the slight drone was gone, i can know have a convo in the car but a slight tap and all heads around me turn!, i hear many AMG`s that are only a touch louder but day to day it not nice living with the drone!

Resonator alone does not give a drone.

If this is the only exhaust mod it will be fine. :)

I have recently bought another CL55 AMG Kompressor which has previously had a remap and full sports exhaust system including sports headers,sport catalyst etc fitted by CKS. I have to say that the noise and drone is becoming a major issue on motorway journeys. Having read several reviews on this and other forums about CKS I am reluctant to take it back to them to have it re engineered. The whole system cost the previous owner well over 2.5 k and to be honest I do not see a huge advantage over my existing AMG exhaust in my other CL. I have contacted Profusion to ask near Heathrow and they tell me that they are often totally replacing these systems because of the same issues.Has anyone had the same experience with CKS and also any comments on Profusion? Thanks

Best of Luck with CKS :eek:

My E55 w211was totally de-catted withE63 boxes and was loud....I was looking at doing some exhaust work on the e63... decided to just do the resonator delete and more than content; noise is just right; not raspy and sounds mature/ meaty....

So where has Sapperz gone? E63 test drive seems to have swallowed him up :)
My first post in here, just placed a deposit on 2014 E63. Collecting Monday evening :D

Well you'll be pleased to know the 4 Shell stations within 3 miles of my house now have overlaid 97 Ron labelling with 99 Ron - literally all 4 are dymo type labels..

Coincided with price jumping 5p a litre at them all...

:)
Noticed this in my local Shells too

Well you'll be pleased to know the 4 Shell stations within 3 miles of my house now have overlaid 97 Ron labelling with 99 Ron - literally all 4 are dymo type labels..

Coincided with price jumping 5p a litre at them all...

:)
I thought all V-Power had been 99 RON for years, and before that Optimax was 98 RON. Clearly not the case everywhere.

FWIW, V-Power Racing available sur le continent is 100 octane...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom