E63s Edition 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxamg33

Car
Audi RS4
Hi guys,

I am looking to go in to uncharted territory and buy an AMG. I have been a Audi RS for 10 years and now they are just become a little too predictable. I have always wanted an AMG just because of the sound and theatre of the cars they do. SO i have made the decision and sold my RS cars and am on the hunt for an Edition 1 E63s.
Which i understand in my limited knowledge, was 1 year production run. Is there any things to look out for when buying one, I have been looking for the last week and unfortunately the market seems dead, their aren't any for sale. So im kind of stuck, but i am patient.

If there are any owners out there, would be interesting to see if they experienced any niggles etc. / of course if they are thinking of selling it haha

Anyways thanks for reading and look forward to being a active member of this forum.
Stay safe
Max

Hi and welcome. Was just about to link you to a members car (which he recently parted with to a garage) but it seems its gone!

Have a look at @23 Romeo Tango, he was indeed the proud owner of such an epic machine.

Thank you, was it for sale with Acklam in Middlesborough? I missed out on it by 2 hours unfortunately.

Would be great to speak to anyone who is potentially looking to sell.
I had a test drive in one at Bedford MB and honestly can't look back at anything else. Wasted 10 years on piss poor cars!

Thank you, was it for sale with Acklam in Middlesborough? I missed out on it by 2 hours unfortunately.

Would be great to speak to anyone who is potentially looking to sell.
I had a test drive in one at Bedford MB and honestly can't look back at anything else. Wasted 10 years on piss poor cars!

That was the very one! Didn't hang about long...not surprised!

Any Good to you ?

Reactions: Abb
Wow! These cars really ain't hanging about! That one on PH was at least £10K more than Acklam cars had the grey one listed for, and seemed to be more or less the same spec, age and mileage!

Good luck OP, looks like you could be in a for a wait!

Appreciated, I know I was the so close to getting the Acklam one i could smell the leather :)
I have been refreshing autotrader literally every 5 mins, but its driving me crazy. I have literally rang pretty much every half decent dealer in the uk to ask them to source me one.
The search continues, like i said if anyone who has one and wants to sell. Get in touch

Folks are busy spending their bounce back loans.

Folks are busy spending their bounce back loans.
How anyone funds a car aint got nothing to do with you mate. Have some manners..Unless your willing to contribute lol

Relax moody i meant in general, not aimed at you.

I'd ring up Mercedes Milton Keynes/Brooklands they can get them off group! If one comes of course.

I feel for you OP, these Edition 1 cars appear to be moving off of forecourts at an alarming rate.

Have you called Grant Kirby at www.gkirby.com ?

When I was looking for a 507 he was good to talk to and has quite a few connections in the trade at main dealers.

Reading this brings a tear to my eye 😢

When I sold mine, it was the 4th on the market at that particular time. Three of them were grey magno (1 estate) and the other was black magno. I am happy with what I got for mine, but the other 3 certainly dictated the price that I got for it. The estate was on the market for £60k and GC motors said they were struggling to sell it. Although not long later all 4 of them sold very quick.

Good luck to you Max, it is an amazing car and when you get a good one, I'm sure you will love it.

I feel for you OP, these Edition 1 cars appear to be moving off of forecourts at an alarming rate.

Have you called Grant Kirby at www.gkirby.com ?

When I was looking for a 507 he was good to talk to and has quite a few connections in the trade at main dealers.
Cheers for pointing me in the right direction mate. Much appreciated

Reading this brings a tear to my eye 😢

When I sold mine, it was the 4th on the market at that particular time. Three of them were grey magno (1 estate) and the other was black magno. I am happy with what I got for mine, but the other 3 certainly dictated the price that I got for it. The estate was on the market for £60k and GC motors said they were struggling to sell it. Although not long later all 4 of them sold very quick.

Good luck to you Max, it is an amazing car and when you get a good one, I'm sure you will love it.
Yep i watched all 3 get sold infront of my eyes, the black one i didnt fancy as i got sent pictures and there abit too many stone chips on it for my liking. The one at Acklam ( i believe yours) i missed by 2 hours, fair play to the dealer he really wanted me to have it but couldn't let the other guy down.
Ive watched every video there is on it so its about time to own one 👍

I put PPF on the front end of mine as soon as I picked it up. I don't think stone chips can be touched up on Magno paint, it's a full panel job and I was told that even then they can't guarantee a perfect match so it could be a full respray.

PPF is a very cheap form of protection when you compare the price to a full respray.

I put PPF on the front end of mine as soon as I picked it up. I don't think stone chips can be touched up on Magno paint, it's a full panel job and I was told that even then they can't guarantee a perfect match so it could be a full respray.

PPF is a very cheap form of protection when you compare the price to a full respray.
Totally it can look a right mess if you try touching it up. Ive already got a quote from Topaz for a detail and satin ppf, so as soon as i get one it will be going to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom