ECP 25% discount code invaled but advertised on the start page of this site!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cws196

Car
S205 C250d AMG Premium+
As above, there's a live advert for code MBCLUB25 on the homepage of this site (and has been there for the previous 2days as well), but when you go to enter the code on the ECP site, it says 'invalid' - just called ECP and they said it's because they currently have a 10% discount code running........

That's a very interesting point. I wonder if anyone else has ever noticed it?

I think this forum gets shafted by ECP, use discount codes "SERVICE25" or "CIVINFO25" they always seem to work irrespective of sales or promotions ECP are running. I've stopped using them as there are some real issues at the moment, just have a google and you will see what I mean. GSF provide a far more competitive offering and realise what the words "Customer service" mean

Agreed.

The MBCLUB25 never works. Not sure as to why it is being advertised on the forum if it is no longer valid.

GSF

hrc5j4.jpg

GSF offer the worst service on the planet. And this is first hand experience on several occasions across a few different stores and their online service. Other forums I run and frequent pretty much have the same view of them, but equally ECP aren't held in high regard, but nowhere near GSF ineptitude.

Nice big discount percentages, rarely cheaper after the discount than anyone else.

Hopefully you have found the branch in the UK where this isn't the case.

ECP are a pain in stopping codes when they have other offers (usually a lower discount) running which is more and more often these days.

Just used the 10% offer and got 8ltrs of Castrol Edge FST 5-30, air filter and bosch oil filter for £58.19 with free delivery. I think the Castrol Edge normally costs around £100 for 8ltrs so I'm not complaining - but I wish I could have got the 25% off, but what the hell - you takes your choice.

You are aware that if the discount offered on the website is lower, you can still get the 25% applied by contacting their web team and asking. I've done this on a couple of occasions in the past.

It's a little more legwork but it's still on offer. I think there's even a post on here from the ECP admin to that effect.

Found it - http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/2231388-post1145.html

Last edited:
You are aware that if the discount offered on the website is lower, you can still get the 25% applied by contacting their web team and asking. I've done this on a couple of occasions in the past.

It's a little more legwork but it's still on offer. I think there's even a post on here from the ECP admin to that effect.

What, you mean using a bit of common sense and talking to people?

It'll never catch on, bitching on the internet and setting up a long list of companies that you won't use in future is the way forward.

Julius Caesar was heard complaining about the fake XXV% discount available from Euro Chariot Parts two millennia ago, there's nothing new in ECP promising something and not delivering.

Bought some Textar e-pads and they actually sent the right ones!! Go ECP.

I may have missed something as I only glanced at the post yesterday somebody posted that there was a code Feb something and you got 40% and a couple of posters said great they had saved a lot of money I never looked as I did not need anything.

Yes they are hit and miss at supplying the right parts, yes their discount codes are like some sort of code in themselves but at the end of the day they offer some fantastic savings. After I was prepared to spend some time researching I bought OEM discs and pads, even with Merc branding for £100s less than the dealership. A GKN CV joint cost me £70 compared to the £250 dealership price. Yes they sent me the wrong one but after I worked out which one is should be I was still massively quids in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom