Engine bay pressure washing / steaming and foaming question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wipe it down with a degreaser.

im with the cloths and hand spray clean brigade.
Too many electronics/seals to get wet with the easy option.

wipe it down with a degreaser.

Agreed. There isnt any need to attack it with a pressure washer. I tend to cover electrics with tin foil or plastic bags. Then, with a paint brush go over everywhere with a degreaser, then very lightly rinse either with a hose on a fine spray, or a pressurised bottle. Then start the engine and let it warm up. Lastly I use a finishing product to bring up the black plastics. Job done.;)

Get some Meguiars Super Degreaser - spray that on and work it with a brush. Rinse it with a pressure washer - you'll be fine - use it on a wide spray pattern so the pressure isn't as high. I've never had a problem and have done quite a few engines. The degreaser will bring it up nicely. Once it's dried dress the plastics and rubber with your preferred dressing (I use Workstat Satin Prot)

Snow foam won't do much with the engine to be fair, it isn't designed for that sort of thing.

I refuse to jet wash or steam clean engines and have my own cleaning company, why take the risk unless you have an oil leak why bother.

Use a degreaser many cloths put latex gloves on and get working, once degreasing is done use a plastic polish I use Autosmart finish but if you are lazy use a silicone spray but again I wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom