Familiar E55 W211 Moved to New Home Further North

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Downside of running the lowering module. I have to keep my battery topped up with a charger.

Possible solution - I might try going to the side fuse panel and pulling the suspension module fuse, and just remembering to plug it back in before starting the car. A bit annoying that I will have to leave the side panel uncovered. I know there is a small voltage draw running on that fuse at key off sleep mode.

Downside of running the lowering module. I have to keep my battery topped up with a charger.

Possible solution - I might try going to the side fuse panel and pulling the suspension module fuse, and just remembering to plug it back in before starting the car. A bit annoying that I will have to leave the side panel uncovered. I know there is a small voltage draw running on that fuse at key off sleep mode.

Yes, a bit annoying, my mate still wants us to build a PCB with the necessary parts so that I can either have it switched On or Off.
For now I'll just stick to having the battery conditioner connected, seems a lot easier and it is soon going to get to park up for the winter time.

Pat I have a lowering module fitted, and have no issues with the battery. It has been fitted for the past 3 or so years. Are you sure that is what is causing you the drain?

Pat I have a lowering module fitted, and have no issues with the battery. It has been fitted for the past 3 or so years. Are you sure that is what is causing you the drain?

Pretty sure, I can sometimes leave the car sitting for weeks without driving it.
Also got a ViseeO plugged in that I forget to unplug so that will add to the drain.

Reactions: Abb
definitely the lowering module, didn't used to be as bad before that.... CTEK and all was good :)

On a positive note who likes my nice new seat? :) :)

Just checked an online USA User Manual, Light On = Aircon On.

In Europe Light On = Aircon Off.

Never knew that.
On the CLS55 (mine at least) light on = aircon on but on my W211 500 it was as yours.

Just got to the end of the thread. Absolutely amazing work fella, love it! The car looks fantastic and you're slightly insane 😆 in good way of course.

Just got to the end of the thread. Absolutely amazing work fella, love it! The car looks fantastic and you're slightly insane 😆 in good way of course.

It's good to be slightly mad, I fit in perfect with most of the folks around here. :)

I must admit I get just as much enjoyment out of fiddling with cars than I do driving them.

It's good to be slightly mad, I fit in perfect with most of the folks around here. :)

I must admit I get just as much enjoyment out of fiddling with cars than I do driving them.

Im the same really, love messing about with them. I just wish I had something indoors, with a four poster!

Im the same really, love messing about with them. I just wish I had something indoors, with a four poster!

So do I now. ;)

Renovated the factory which meant the ramp and workshop all came out.

Have to do stuff on the drive now which is a real pain when you have to get under the car.

We are looking for a new workshop that me and a few mates can rent and use for our own cars with the odd repair to add to the kitty.

Got to tax the W212 tomorrow.

Think I may SORN the E55 at same time as weather has been shocking last couple weeks and I've not managed a run out.

Would make sense to have it off road in these dark dreary months.

Washed the E55 in the rain, folks must think I'm daft.

Then took it for a run around town, weather is terrible, wind blowing like heck and raining.

Just done a SORN as I don't see me going out in it any time soon.

After cleaning the car I stuck it on a plinth and wrapped some cardboard around it and put it away for the winter. :)

20201101_101356.jpg

Been looking for one of these in Silver and 1:43 for ages. ;)

Been a while since I've been out in the E55.
Keeping it on the battery conditioner and starting it once a week.
Was cold today so ran it for a while, moved it and brought the Imp out the garage.
Cleaned and lubed the sunroof too.

20210123_141430.jpg

Hi Pat, great thread over the years.

Can I ask how the alloys are holding up please? I assume they are diamond cut and have you ever had them refurbished?

The reason I ask is that my 5 month refurbed diamond cut alloys have under lacquer corrosion already (minor), so I was wondering what regime and protection you use on the Beast's wheels to keep them tip top?

Can I ask how the alloys are holding up please? I assume they are diamond cut and have you ever had them refurbished?

The reason I ask is that my 5 month refurbed diamond cut alloys have under lacquer corrosion already (minor), so I was wondering what regime and protection you use on the Beast's wheels to keep them tip top?

The wheels are still quite good on the E55 with only minor signs of corrosion.
I've not done anything to them since I got the car other than clean with Bilberry wheel cleaner.

@Alps might remember when they were last done?

Recently had the W212 wheels done again though and I went for Powder Coated, fed up with the diamond cut endless corrision cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom