Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For the race I see a number of cars not finishing,I think given the track LH has decided that all he needs to do is beat VB to gain the title,but we will see I do not think we have ever seen a F1 race with so many unknowns,the cars have had 3 practice rounds and a qualifying and I suspect none of the teams know quiet how to set their cars up,we have 4 cars in the top 6 on the grid who do not normally get that far up,it will be a interesting first few laps.

Quite surprised how many cars finished.

Outstanding drive from Hamilton, very well done.

Poor show from a few of the other drivers who I think will be unhappy at the opportunity they missed.

Awesome race. :banana:

Unbelievable job from Lewis. A pit stop behind after just 7 laps. Great effort from Ferrari and McLaren too.

Frustrating coverage on occasion showing slow mo replays whilst missing live action on track. 😤

Awesome race. :banana:

Unbelievable job from Lewis. A pit stop behind after just 7 laps. Great effort from Ferrari and McLaren too.

Frustrating coverage on occasion showing slow mo replays whilst missing live action on track. 😤

I'm glad I'm not on my own thinking the coverage was bit meh.

There was so many good moves in that race and it's probably the best one of the odd season that is 2020. Good to see SV on the podium too.

It was a interesting race did I count right that LH went from 6th to 1st with only passing one car on the track,I thought LH was going to settle for 6th,when he could not get past SV and then Ocon came up and past both of them in one lap,but hey LH won and he deserves the title.

Huge congratulations to Lewis on an outstanding race win and a 7th Drivers World Championship.
Lewis and Sergio are the best in the field at managing a racing car over a race distance. I have a lot of time for Alex Albion, but if Sergio is not sitting in a Red Bull next year Christian Horner will have made an error of judgemen.

I haven't seen the race yet. I was on a 410 mile round trip to collect one of the cars from my old house. All done before 1pm, but the race was unusually early so listened on 5 live in the car. I'll watch it when I have a break from unpacking boxes, but it sounds like Lewis played a blinder.
How come it's nearly always him who scores the big points on a Sunday:dk:
A true Champion.

I haven't seen the race yet. I was on a 410 mile round trip to collect one of the cars from my old house. All done before 1pm, but the race was unusually early so listened on 5 live in the car. I'll watch it when I have a break from unpacking boxes, but it sounds like Lewis played a blinder.
How come it's nearly always him who scores the big points on a Sunday:dk:
A true Champion.
Indeed. Same conditions, same car, same team and yet Lewis lapped his teammate. 😳

Indeed. Same conditions, same car, same team and yet Lewis lapped his teammate.

That for me is tale of this season.
Most of the No. 2 drivers (in top teams) are not there and for the most are just not consistent to challenge their teamate.

Then we have the good "No. 2" drivers who wont be there next season!

I was less than impressed by the tone Lance Stroll’s race engineer used when Lance questioned coming in for fresh inters. Implies a lack of mutual respect and poor working relationship between them. If I was team boss, I’d want to get that cleared up.

I was less than impressed by the tone Lance Stroll’s race engineer used when Lance questioned coming in for fresh inters. Implies a lack of mutual respect and poor working relationship between them. If I was team boss, I’d want to get that cleared up.
We spotted that too!

Lance: "Why???"
RE" "OK, stay out then!"

We spotted that too!

Lance: "Why???"
RE" "OK, stay out then!"
The tone kind of implied:
Lance: “Why, why why, I’m leading you idiot!?”
RE: “Oh ok then smartarse! Fckng stay out there then and see how well that works out for ya! Wnker!”

Last edited:
The tone kind of implied:
Lance: “Why, why why, I’m leading you idiot!?”
RE: “Oh ok then smartarse! Fckng stay out there then and see how well that works out for ya! Wnker!”

I think the tone was both ways. I understand a driver is driving hard and has other things to think about but there is a big difference between say Lewis and Bono when they disagree and the RP exchange today.

It seems Stroll shot off and burned his tyres out too quickly, hence his initial 10 second lead over Perez. Perez is one of the best at making tyres last and proved it again in the race, along with Lewis.

I think the tone was both ways. I understand a driver is driving hard and has other things to think about but there is a big difference between say Lewis and Bono when they disagree and the RP exchange today.

It seems Stroll shot off and burned his tyres out too quickly, hence his initial 10 second lead over Perez. Perez is one of the best at making tyres last and proved it again in the race, along with Lewis.
Yes, I think the Lewis/Bono relationship is key to the success of the unit. Both members have to have complete trust and understanding of the other to make it work.
It is no real surprise to know that in all three championships that I won, I was working with the driver for at least the second time.
Ask Mr Brundle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom