Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I knew that but does that make any odds on whether Astons will be safety/medical cars? I thought it was pure mercedes cars.

Genuine. Mercedes obviously have the contract. But, now that they have a decent stake in Aston Martin, why not promote it? As said, they will be models with the Mercedes 4.0 engine (AMG)

Scary, getting hit by another bike is generally the only way motorcycle racers get killed these days like poor Simoncelli when he was hit by Rossi after he fell.

Albon is doing a pretty good job in getting RB to come to a decision for next years driver line up. Having 4 wheels on the car is a always a good idea.

^^^As is having those same four wheels on the tarmac.

Saw the accident with Albon into the wall,he was off the track but I think something broke as he tried to get control,but it was not the best thing to have happened when they are looking at his seat for next season

Saw the accident with Albon into the wall,he was off the track but I think something broke as he tried to get control,but it was not the best thing to have happened when they are looking at his seat for next season

I wasn't aware of that (my mistake). Hopefully something did break as I like him and it'd be great to see him do well and better while giving MV a better run for the race. I'm glad RB haven't sacked him off like they have done to previous drivers. MV seems to have wiped the floor with him this season for whatever reason.

Anyone else wanting Perez to have a seat next year?

Looked to me like Alex got back on the loud pedal whilst ‘off piste’, spun up the rears and straight to the scene of the accident. The team will know of course when they look at the telemetry data. If he did not have Malaysian connections, Alex would be gone for sure. If I were in Christian Horner’s shoes, I’d be putting Sergio in the car next year, Alex unfortunately is a bit out of his depth right now.

Looked to me like Alex got back on the loud pedal whilst ‘off piste’, spun up the rears and straight to the scene of the accident. The team will know of course when they look at the telemetry data. If he did not have Malaysian connections, Alex would be gone for sure. If I were in Christian Horner’s shoes, I’d be putting Sergio in the car next year, Alex unfortunately is a bit out of his depth right now.

Take a young driver and thrown them in a top car and you're likely going to get a good days and bad days at the track over their first season or two.

The second seat at RB is high profile which means the media and internet all get in on the action of commenting and criticising.

RB are impatient - and in SV, DR, and MV they have had very good drivers as a tough benchmark for any younger driver.

There is also the nature of the young driver programme using Torros Rosso / Alpha Tauri - good idea - but I think this perhaps gives RB a form of ownership of the drivers and an attitude that exposes them to the worst of the two points above.

Drivers not happy with next year's tyres

Just one of the opinions:-
Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel described the tyres with a swear word, adding: "I'll be surprised if anyone likes them. "They were not a step forward, the opposite pretty much. Probably worth a shot but I hope we don't see these tyres again. They are quite a lot worse compared to the tyres we currently run."

I hope RG buys a lottery ticket tonight. Thankfully, he's a very lucky guy :eek:
I think all the luck he has, has just been used up. I wasn’t a fan of the halo system. Am now.

Just seen a clip of the safety cell, still in one piece. Amazing piece of engineering. Hats off to the design and build team.

That’s just unbelievable that he escaped by himself relatively unscathed. Take a bow the engineers who designed the safety features.
Coming to you shortly in your new car......a halo system

Looking at the state of the barrier I'm wondering if it was built to a specification or a price.

Looking at the state of the barrier I'm wondering if it was built to a specification or a price.

Looking at those guys rebulding it had me shaking my head, very shambolic.
Had me wondering who was doing the Risk Assessment and what about the PPE!

I was wondering that. Seemed like they were more of a solid barrier than one that’s supposed to absorb energy

Sadly been a bit boring after the second restart.

Big thumbs up to the medical car guys for their good work on Lap 1. ^^^

When I was watching it live, I feared the worst when they didn't (initially) show any replays. Glad he's ok, seemed a miracle he walked away from it. The Halo definitely saved his life as it split the barrier. Had it not been there, it would have been his helmet. Was never a fan of it but I'm glad it's there now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom