Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Immaculate drive from Lewis today considering his position after the first few laps.
Stroll showed his lack of racecraft by ruining his 2nd set of tyres whilst Perez made his first set last.
Nice to see Seb on the podium and he showed his class by congratulating LH at the end.

VB had a shocker and couldn't get the tyres to work for him at all. Must be demoralising to be lapped by his own team mate.
Nothing against Albon and he wasn't bad today, but it will be a crime if Perez ends up with no seat. He is so much better than Stroll in all departments.

Superb drive by Lewis and a well deserved 7th Championship. I also expected there to be a safety car just after the start, a challenging track to be sure.

Also a great climax to the BTCC which went down to the wire great drive by Sutton to take his 2nd Championship

Will VB be able to maintain or increase his lead over MV? VB really needs to up his game in the last 3 races.

Can't believe Grosjean has an F1 seat next year while Perez hasn't. Actually, can't believe about half the drivers have seats when SP hasn't.

SP deserves a seat in a better car.

Can't believe Grosjean has an F1 seat next year while Perez hasn't. Actually, can't believe about half the drivers have seats when SP hasn't.

SP deserves a seat in a better car.
Didn’t think Grosjean had a seat for 2021? Could be wrong, but I thought Roman and Kevin and have been told they don’t have a drive at Haas next year? Rumours are they will be replaced by Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin.

Didn’t think Grosjean had a seat for 2021? Could be wrong, but I thought Roman and Kevin and have been told they don’t have a drive at Haas next year? Rumours are they will be replaced by Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin.
You're right, my mistake.

His exodus is long overdue IMO.

Slightly different subject, I read somewhere that the Mazepins also have launched a legal battle against the 'illegal' take over of RP by the Strolls. They claim their consortium made a higher bid at the time.

Are there rules stating you must sell to the highest bidder?

I'm not sure of the details. With most businesses in administration, why wouldn't you? It does seem strange though that the claim is being made 2 years after it happened

I'm not sure of the details. With most businesses in administration, why wouldn't you? It does seem strange though that the claim is being made 2 years after it happened
There is probably a clause to the effect that the vendor is not obliged to sell to the highest or any other bidder.

The terms of the offer? A million spread over the next twenty years as opposed to eight hundred thousand tomorrow?

Fair points, I guess we will never know. They probably have the hump as they didn't win with their bid and now their GP2 driver may not get a seat. I thought they were also rumoured to buy Williams but perhaps a lot more money would be involved to get it up the grid where as Force India always punched above their weight

I have been following Lewis' career ever since he started racing in F1 in 2007 and I knew he would be world champion someday, just didn't quite imagine that 13 years later he would be smashing records and matching and beating a lot of Schumachers records and becoming one of the true legends of the sport. Its amazing watching him grow through out the years to become the complete driver that he is now.

I hope he sticks around when the new regulations are in place in 2022 and I also hope there are more challengers in the way of a returning Alonso, stronger Vettel, Verstappen and Leclerc. Would be amazing if all things are equal between those drivers teams to see all of them go head to head in 2022.

There are strong rumours that since Daimler has bought a 20% stake in Aston Martin, the safety and medical cars will be Aston Martins for around half the races to prmote the brand. Apparently they will be a Vantage and a DBX

There are strong rumours that since Daimler has bought a 20% stake in Aston Martin, the safety and medical cars will be Aston Martins for around half the races to prmote the brand. Apparently they will be a Vantage and a DBX
Are you having a laugh or genuine?

I've read the same. They will decide which cars to use at each race based on the local market for the respective brands. Good thing for AM and I hope this sees them go from strength to strength

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom