Formula 1, Moto GP, WSB, 2021 Season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think you have a point. Certainly in terms of which aspects of the events are publicised and the spin put on everything. Might explain also why some drivers get penalties for certain driving incidents when other drivers escape unpunished for similar driving.
Liberty Media have definitely tried to improve the show. They shouldn't however be allowed to influence the regulation side of things. The sport needs consistency. Any penalty should be applied to punish the infringement, regardless of what the end race result could potentially be. With Max being found to apply his brakes, his punishment should have been more severe but I feel the impact that would have had on the Championship was taken into account, which it should not do.

Well apart from all the crazy stuff happening on the track ,I was watching the Red Bull pit wall,and I get the feeling that Horner now sees that he is not in control of that team anymore,he looked like he had aged 10 years at least this season,it would not surprise me if he packed it in at the end of this season,he looks burnt out,

While I can understand why they felt it necessary to do this in the interests of the team, it's another sad example of the innocent having to apologise because of trial by media and cancel culture. I would make a hopeless marketing exec or politician because I would never apologise if I was innocent.

Mercedes & Kingspan end sponsorship deal
Formula 1 runs on image and marketing----whoever thought that adorning the livery of a racing car [and potential firetrap as recently witnessed ] with a manufacturers name associated with an inflammable product tainted by media and public inquiry, was a good idea needs their head examined.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Helmut Marko has had to climb down too…
Well! Who would have thought!
The next thing you'll know is Christmas Corner admitting that Max has actually made a a mistake at some point in his life.....

Well! Who would have thought!
The next thing you'll know is Christmas Corner admitting that Max has actually made a a mistake at some point in his life.....
Maybe he’s worried Max’s dad will get upset and bolshy if his little boy is criticised…

Enormous natural talent, and a father who was himself a racer (two podium finishes in nine years doesn't sound much, but only the best of the best ever race in F1 at all); MV will go on to be one of the greats, but like some others, on the track he's no gentleman when the chips are down. That's a pity.

Say no more!
A bit late in the day, but welcome nevertheless.

Perhaps if that warning had been given - and acted upon - earlier in the season we would have had a far less acrimonious but even more nail-biting F1 year?

Perhaps if that warning had been given - and acted upon - earlier in the season we would have had a far less acrimonious but even more nail-biting F1 year?
Maybe. I think Liberty Media will be rubbing their hands together, controversy sells…

It's a pity they didn't deduct just half a point from Verstappen after the last race; the likelihood of that deciding the championship is so small - Hamilton getting one point and Verstappen none - that it could be discounted, and it would have kept Verstappen honest.

Yes, it's not like this is a new regulation, it has alway been there as the ultimate deterrent to poor or dangerous driving standards.
However, I agree that it has not been used (or threatened) for some time. Now would seem an appropriate time?

"Could be punished"

Shouldn't that be "Will be punished" ?
The stewards will need to be very clear about ‘intent’ in order to take points away. I don’t understand why Max wasn’t bounced out last weekend for brake-testing Lewis. Seemed like a slam dunk to me.

Say no more!

The way I read it is a clear message that if Max deliberately takes Hamilton out, it will not be allowed to result in Max gaining the championship. To action that they may have to deduct whatever points max earns in the race and then an additional point or they have to disqualify Max from the race and deduct 1 or more points. I suppose a 3rd option would be to disqualify Max from the championship season. If any of these scenarios take place Max is sure to be the sore loser from Hell but it will be better than F1's reputation going down the can which would be the outcome of allowing Max to cheat he way to the championship.

The way I read it is a clear message that if Max deliberately takes Hamilton out, it will not be allowed to result in Max gaining the championship. To action that they may have to deduct whatever points max earns in the race and then an additional point or they have to disqualify Max from the race and deduct 1 or more points. I suppose a 3rd option would be to disqualify Max from the championship season. If any of these scenarios take place Max is sure to be the sore loser from Hell but it will be better than F1's reputation going down the can which would be the outcome of allowing Max to cheat he way to the championship.
To be honest, I think that if the Stewards (have to) get involved with the results this weekend that in turn impact on the championship(s), the whole thing will blow up into massive bitch fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom