• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Gentlemen (and ladies), please place your bets....

I love the look of the XFR, inside and out, although I think you're the first person I've come across that says it's well-built?

I've driven my friends diesel XF and I thought it felt a lot smaller than it was.

You'll have to post some pictures of the XKR, it sounds good.

The XF isn't as big inside as the outside dimensions suggest it would be...not really a problem for me as I need none of that space. In fact, the other day I opened the boot to get my laptop out of it and thought it had been stolen! It hadn't...but it found its way to the front of the boot which was out of immediate sight!

Build quality? Well, I only report as I find...being a freak with rattles, I find it so relaxing not having any noises that stress me out!

Hi

Have you driven more than one of the new Jaguar XKR's, as it seams such a marked improvement over the 2011 model without publicised changes, could it be an exception?

The other reason I say this, is because the 911 is normally of legendary build and reliability, but yours was very much an exception to that rule?

Really looking forward to seeing pictures of your new car?

Tan

It's odd how much better it seems....I've now driven a 2010 and 2011 and a 2012MY....the 2010 and 11 are similar, the 2012 noticeably different. I guess I'll see when I take delivery but I hope the one I'm driving this weekend isn't an exception or else....:doh: (there are very few 2012's available to drive as they've only been in production for a few weeks).

The 911 isn't as robust as the legend has it....you've only got to read the Porsche forums and Pistonheads to see that they have as many problems as any other make!

I think dhard is getting confused with the DIESEL Jags (which in fairness to the troll, they do have a Peugeot/Citroen/Ford-derived V6 diesel). The V8's are pure Jag designed and built in Brigend, Wales.

Last edited:
I have food in the fridge that I keep longer than you keep cars.:D;)

I have a soft spot of Jaaaags, I always look at the XF's and XK's.

I think the new XJ is a bit of a barge though.

Looking foward to the new baby Jag due in a few years. Hopefull yhtey make an auto Estate as I've always found the dealers very welcoming.

Shocking residuals though.

I have food in the fridge that I keep longer than you keep cars.:D;)

I have a soft spot of Jaaaags, I always look at the XF's and XK's.

I think the new XJ is a bit of a barge though.

Looking foward to the new baby Jag due in a few years. Hopefull yhtey make an auto Estate as I've always found the dealers very welcoming.

Shocking residuals though.

Ha ha....I've barely got the V5 in the post for the XFR and it's off again!

Yep, residuals aren't good but, as is often the case, you get the money off up front and you lose it at the back end. Our Mini is the other way round - virtually no discounts on them yet you get your money back when you come to sell. As long as you DO manage to negotiate a healthy up-front discount on heavily depreciating cars, the actual amount you lose shouldn't vary considerably compared to a car that holds it's money.

No, what's out there that enables you to get a big discount AND holds it's value....mmm, that would be a good buy ;)

Here's some pictures of the XKR I've had this weekend (and the car that I had a couple of weeks ago)....

P1030758.jpg

P1030756.jpg

P1030746.jpg

P1030759.jpg

P1030763.jpg

P1030737.jpg

Does anyone else think a car with a bonnet that opens in this direction is just a bit cooler than normal? Or is it just me..... :rolleyes:

P1030741.jpg

P1030742.jpg

The fabulous seats.....

P1030732.jpg

P1030733.jpg

P1030735.jpg

P1030739.jpg

The black one I'm now (probably!) buying is very similar but has a bodykit and some really, REALLY bling wheels from the XKR-S. Jaguar describe them as a highly polished finish....I say 'chrome' :eek:

I can't really change them as they're part of what you pay for on the dynamic pack and they look like these, just a whole lot brighter!......

XKRVulcanWheel.jpg

And this is what the 'bodykit' is....apparently fitted to all XKR's that have the speed limiter removed to improve downforce. Erm...yeah right.....

XKRBodykit.jpg

Does anyone else think a car with a bonnet that opens in this direction is just a bit cooler than normal? Or is it just me..... :rolleyes:

P1030741.jpg

Many men called Norman probably agree...

70_triumphtoledo.jpg

No, he's actually putting the boot into the new Jaguar (by calling it a Peugeot) whilst trying to appease the AMG owners.

Only the diesels are PSA sourced.

The gearbox is by ZF, and the structure is a highly modified S type Jag and that shares its platform with some American Ford Group cars.

Who cares if the cars are good and reliable.

If I were in the market for another car, I would look at the XFs (diesels though) as well as the Mercedes, BMW and Audi.

I can see why your taken with it Palmball...

PS. The playing with Tags is now getting tedious. If your not brave enough to post it with your name, it ain't worth saying...

Who cares if the cars are good and reliable.

Ohh...Ahhh...I'll ask my neighbour, who after three brand new XK has given up. He only used the Jag as an occasional car but arriving back home with the RAC every time he went out did wear a bit thin.
Though I know someone else with a new XK convertible and he's happy.

Nice, nice!! When we get it right in the UK we get it soooooo right!

However, in some lights I just gotta say the back quarter/rear reminds me a little of the Ford Cougar I used to have.... :eek: :ban:

Ohh...Ahhh...I'll ask my neighbour, who after three brand new XK has given up. He only used the Jag as an occasional car but arriving back home with the RAC every time he went out did wear a bit thin.

My you're a positive soul aren't you!

Breakdowns can happen to any car...who'd have thought my 9-month old 911 Turbo would have been carted off from my house on a low-loader after all the electrics failed! I'd not stick around after a couple of breakdowns never mind getting through 3 of the same car so your neighbour has more patience than me.

If my XKR is as reliable as my XFR has been in the 5 weeks I've owned it then I'll be delighted (OK, it may only be 5 weeks but I've whacked on 4k miles in that time!). After the Maserati, just having my bluetooth connect when it should is a bonus!

Nice, nice!! When we get it right in the UK we get it soooooo right!

However, in some lights I just gotta say the back quarter/rear reminds me a little of the Ford Cougar I used to have.... :eek: :ban:

I had to look up the Cougar and can't see it myself. But, with that in mind one of the Cougars' forebears definitely shares it's rear window line with the XK....the CAPRI! Must be a British thing!

My you're a positive soul aren't you!

Breakdowns can happen to any car...

When I say every time he used it, I really mean every time. It became a joke, he just couldn't use the car.
I think in the last six months it did more miles to and from the dealer and with an RAC van than all the others.

Bit of a Bugga having to go out in his spare Toyota.

I'd be more curious about the XF 3 litre diesel ranges?

You'll know the engine etc from the Citreon forums as its the same one in the C6.

I'd be more curious about the XF 3 litre diesel ranges?

You'll know the engine etc from the Citreon forums as its the same one in the C6.

Very few C6 3.0 litres sold so no feedback, but owners of 2.7L say they are very reliable.

The 2.7 was the same diesel motor put in the RR Sport, it was considered harsh and a little underpowered. (the 3.6 tdv8 returned similar mpg for more power).

The 3.0 Diesel (particualrly the "S") is a massive improvement in both power and economy. It provided V8TD power with even more economy.

In the RRS it made the TDV8 completely redundant.

In the RRS it made the TDV8 completely redundant.

Not really... The TDV8 was dropped as it didn't meet the latest emissions standards, not because the 3.0 made it redundant. I owned a RRS 3.0 TDV6 and then one of the last TDV8 and the TDV8 was superior in so many ways, not just the amazing mid range grunt but also the refinement.

The RRS 3.0 TDV6 has less BHP than the unit fitted to the Jag JF 'S' as its tuned for torque.

Very few C6 3.0 litres sold so no feedback, but owners of 2.7L say they are very reliable.

Ohhhh, I like the C6....a proper avant-garde car that is reasonably competent and far more 'exclusive' than any of the premium German makes (maybe for right or wrong reasons!)

They're now even as cheap as £10k which is both good for those buying at that level and horrendous for anyone who bought one new! It's the antithesis of sporty but then theres not much thats more comfortable....my old man had one for a couple of years and I had the pleasure of driving it for a couple of months and I'd describe it as 'unique' to drive; very refined, smooth, detached and it got noticed more by the general public than the C63 I had at the time! His had the 2.7 diesel which was smooth and quiet if not that powerful for such a heavy car (207bhp IIRC).

If the diesel in 3.0 XF-S is like that engine but with 30% more power then I imagine it'll be very good as I remember it being very refined and smooth in the C6.

I don't see anywhere for the pipe rest Andrew ;-)

There will be no pipe needed this car....cheeky sod! Indeed, this has a most un-Jag like interior with no wood whatsoever - even my C63 had a small slither of black wood!

Anyway, I took back the demo today and signed for the car that I finally decided on :eek:

Of course, I've gone for the black one with dynamic pack and here she is (now hopefully showing a 'sold' sign :D) sat in the showroom. I decided that spending the extra 'few quid' on the one with dynamic pack (XKR-S suspension set-up) and factory sports exhaust will mean that I won't forever be hankering after upgrading it so it'll likely save me money in the long term.

P1030769.jpg

P1030766.jpg

P1030777.jpg

P1030767.jpg

I did say the wheels were bright (they really look chrome but in real-life they're just highly polished metal and neither I nor the dealer know just how durable they'll be):

P1030778.jpg

P1030765.jpg

The interior is so 'me':

P1030774.jpg

P1030772.jpg

I should pick it up either this weekend or early next week :happyanim:

Is that black? doesn't look it in the pics..

The wheels are a little 'bling' very American...

Post some day light pics when you can.

Should we open a book to see how long your keeping this one :)

Also doesn't it look great without our big numberplate covering up that lovely front !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom