How do I get speed cameras on my Satnav??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm, there must be a way it's just that we don't know what it is. Sounds like a challenge to me. First step, ask Mercedes (but don't hold your breath!)

It would be nice to think so. However I suspect this functionality has been removed because the use of speed camera POIs is illegal in some countries. My guess it that it has gone for good. As far as I know, several other European manufacturers haven't offered this function for some time - certainly it's not present on my wife's BMW nav system (equivalent in other ways to Comand).

I've seen no official word from Mercedes about this. If you'd like to follow up, perhaps via your local dealership, then by all means do so.

Regards,
Malcolm

It would be nice to think so. However I suspect this functionality has been removed because the use of speed camera POIs is illegal in some countries. ......

Hmm. If true, it's a pretty poor arguement. It's illegal to speed in most countries but they still build a car that is capable of 140MPH+

It would be nice to think so. However I suspect this functionality has been removed because the use of speed camera POIs is illegal in some countries. My guess it that it has gone for good. As far as I know, several other European manufacturers haven't offered this function for some time - certainly it's not present on my wife's BMW nav system (equivalent in other ways to Comand).

The latest TomTom's realeased in the last few years will not accept the pocketgps database either, only TomTom's own speed cameras which are no way anywhere near as accurate. But they do get to charge you a subscription for them, maybe that's nearer the truth.

Russ

After using the speed camera's in 2014 GLA and 2015 E220 and now working in new C Class convertible 2017 (august) working fine, yes some models need car running, if importing fails, try again ignition off or car running... or redo the file, some sd cards do not work with command... you can adjust the Bong when going past a camera by adjusting the Volume Up or Down simples, also make sure the boxes are ticked for visual alerts and audible alerts ... don't know how many times this piece of software has stopped me getting speeding tickets... especially when not concentrating and talking to someone in the car, so now also use the cruise control so much more now.

Hi
I use pocketgpsworld.com
Yearly subscription about £20, with weekly database updates, just download the personal poi database to the sd card and enable audible and visual warnings. Works perfectly. My car is a 2012 w204 c63. I would recommend this to anyone.
hi jimbo, iv got a 2012 c63 coupe and im struggling abit. iv managed to get the cameras to show on the map, iv enabled visual warning for personal poi's, but all that seems to be doing is putting a golden ring round them. theres no warning coming up or no audiable warning. any ideas? thanks

Definitely illegal in many countries. The good old French gendarmerie will confiscate any system that displays them. Don't know if they would lever COMAND out though.

Hi

I’ve got a 64 plate C63 how do I find out what version of Comand I have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom