• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

How long to change the inlet manifold and stepper motor on a w203 270cdi?

sparkyc270

Car
S203 in blue
Hello all,

Does anyone know how long it should take to have the inlet manifold and associated stepper motor replaced on a 2001 w203 c270cdi?

The reason I ask is that after my car had gone into limp mode I had it diagnosed by the local mercedes independent as the stepper motor had stripped the cogs on the inlet manifold and the manifold and stepper motor had to be replaced (motor was also very sticky)
(Diagnostics was done by STAR machine, lot of other small faults but this one was the cause of the limp mode)

So said car was left into mechanic last thursday morning and he told me that I would have it back on thurday evening (maybe friday morning).
Called him on thursday and he told me that he hadn't got the car built back up yet and so it would be friday evening.
Called again on friday evening and was then told that he had been very busy and hadn't gotten around to rebuilding the car back up, so it would be today (he said he'd call me when it was ready).
Another call this evening reveiled that the car had not be built up yet and therfore it should be ready on monday evening.......

The reason I'm asking how long it should take to do this job is incase he tries to charge me for the length of time he has had the car.

he quoted me £420 for the manifold, £130 for the stepper motor and £150 for the labour.

Now i'm all for letting a man get on with the job and it's no good to me if the car is not fixed.

but does this sound excessive to anyone, or is this just the norm?

Thanks,

..Steve

its not that big of a job i would say about 4 hours work tops manifold bolts to take out intercoler pipe 3 bolts heat exchanger 2 bolts stepper motor seems dear cheap on ebay problem if stepper motor has failed be to the swirl flaps sezieng up doing mine next weekend just needs soaking in cleaner for a hour that all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom