How low can you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beetnik

Car
Volvo V60 2.4 bi-turbo: SLK 200
Just back from a spur of the moment drive to the coast. Mostly 'B' roads (more fun that way) to Filey; park, walk through the town, coffee on the front, a walk on the beach, then fish and chip restaurant before coming home :bannana:

Roof down all the way - when we set off it was sunny and 20 C - when we got back it was dark and 13.5 C.

When we first got a drop top the roof went back up when it got down to maybe 17 C but as time goes on the temperature goes lower and lower.

So my question is - what's the limit?

no limit!!! Some of the best topless driving is in the middle of winter on a bright crisp day with ice and snow all around. Think the coldest I've done is about -2.

In the winter bright and dry is all it needs to be. In the summer - just dry :rock: :D

When I had my mx5 I had the top down in the winter - blower on mind, but its lovely on a crisp morning.

no limit!!! Some of the best topless driving is in the middle of winter on a bright crisp day with ice and snow all around. Think the coldest I've done is about -2.

In the winter bright and dry is all it needs to be. In the summer - just dry :rock: :D

Times 2 :D .

Portzy.

Drove home from a night out on Leeds last Friday - top was down :D :D Night time topless is also ace:rock:

I'm glad to see that you are at least in a car when you go topless! :eek: ;)

regards
Cheeky John

Xmas day 2001 in Aberdeen. -5 with loads of snow.

Winter tyres on my MX5 and a boot full of cement.

Possibly best fun i've ever had in a car.:D

I had a Porsche 997 C4S on 24h test. I sat in the morning rush hour jam on the M42 as snow fell on my way back to the dealer!! :D

and here is me thinking when shall I put the hardtop back on the r129 :) have only had the soft top down a couple of times the last 5 months

I refuse to use the wind deflector on my R129 apart from long motorway trips as it looks naff (IMO). No heated seats either, best I can do is heating wound up to full and pointed downwards!

Just be carefull on cold days if you don't have a glass rear screen, the plastic screen can crack, as it did on my Rover 216 on christmas day a few years ago.

Alan

AS long as you are enjoying it! However I believe there is a growing trend in this country towards OTOCD: Open Top Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Worst case I ever saw was in the City of London. Dark, freezing cold winter night and there he was, top down doing it large along London Wall. The young lady in the passenger seat was not dressed for the experience and appeared to be in the final stage of Hypothermia.

I have memories of a sunny but freezing February day, about -2, when I turned up at Pammy's in the 124 cabriolet and she made me take the top down to drive home.
I managed 400 yards before I got out of sight and the top went back up again. Any further and body parts would have been falling off.

AS long as you are enjoying it! However I believe there is a growing trend in this country towards OTOCD: Open Top Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Worst case I ever saw was in the City of London. Dark, freezing cold winter night and there he was, top down doing it large along London Wall. The young lady in the passenger seat was not dressed for the experience and appeared to be in the final stage of Hypothermia.

Nowt wrong with middle winter night drives with teh roof off - as long as all parties are appropriately dressed and happy ;)

I have memories of a sunny but freezing February day, about -2, when I turned up at Pammy's in the 124 cabriolet and she made me take the top down to drive home.
I managed 400 yards before I got out of sight and the top went back up again. Any further and body parts would have been falling off.

lol - I remember that - was funny - you great wuss!!:D :D :D

There's nowhere to hang a coat hanger in a cabriolet and driver needed somewhere to hang his jacket..

yes. quite a few 'vert drivers seem to think that if the top is up, then that weather had better have a name!

wasn't me though, nice opn a good day, but if it was freezing then I was somewhat less interested :)

dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom