HOWTO : SLK Evolution Pedal Mod - W202 & W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As above! Thanks.

Thinking of doing mine soon, but phoned MB parts up and there now circa £35-40 for the full set I need so I might just wait a while.

ML163 owners!

I have found a website that provide the kit that includes the accelerator pedal! Although it is pricey!

Mercedes ML class AMG Pedal Kit

The accelerator pedal is from the W168 A-class Evolution AMG. It has just been adapted to fit on the ML163 pedal.

Could this mean that we just have to get a pedal from the W168 and modify it to fit the W163?

Just got a price for some of these pedals from inchcape mercedes, can i just double check they are the correct parts for my car. I have a C180 on a 51, automatic and the gas pedal looks like the rocking type if you not which one i mean lol. the parts i have got prices for are:

W202 autos:
A 170 300 00 04 : gas pedal
A 170 290 01 82 : brake pedal
A 203 430 00 84 : parking brake pedal

Thank you
Jay

I bought a set of genuine AMG pedals to fit in my C200 which I have since sold but I have now finally had them fitted yesterday and they do look smart.

im going to pop in my local dealership at the weekend and see if i can do this to my c32 :rock:

I bought a set of genuine AMG pedals to fit in my C200 which I have since sold but I have now finally had them fitted yesterday and they do look smart.

Genuine AMG eh ?

The AMG's all come with the ones that are shown earlier in this thread , stainless with the rubber dots.

The 'AMG' engraved ones all over Ebay are fakes , no AMG ever came with them.

Which sort did you have ?

Genuine AMG eh ?

The AMG's all come with the ones that are shown earlier in this thread , stainless with the rubber dots.

The 'AMG' engraved ones all over Ebay are fakes , no AMG ever came with them.

Which sort did you have ?

The stainless steel ones with the dots, do you want to see the mb plastic bags and mb labels with the part numbers they came in ?? Did you get some from Ebay??

Last edited:
Gotta do this.

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for a w209 facelift auto?

Got around to fitting my pedals yesterday afternoon, took them out of a box of car bits salvaged from my old car and gave them a wash. Having fitted this type of pedals to my own car and others on several occasions over the years I only needed 20 minutes, 10 curse words and 5 sticking plasters!

Just to remind people of the part numbers for the majority of saloons and coupes:

A 170 300 00 04 : gas pedal
A 170 290 01 82 : brake pedal
A 203 430 00 84 : parking brake pedal

Before and after pics:

Attachments

• pedals-stock.jpg
    pedals-stock.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 123
  • pedals-evo.jpg
    pedals-evo.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 130
The stainless steel ones with the dots, do you want to see the mb plastic bags and mb labels with the part numbers they came in ?? Did you get some from Ebay??

Missed this ...

Nope , mine are from the dealer ...

The ones with the dots aren't AMG by the way , no need to see bags and part numbers , i have already done mine yeas ago , with parts from the dealer.

HTH

The ones with the dots aren't AMG by the way , no need to see bags and part numbers , i have already done mine yeas ago , with parts from the dealer.
Just to clarify: The ones we are fitting in this thread are from certain special-edition models of the R170 SLK and later the W203 "evolution". Other models eventually adopted these pedal rubbers.

A quick check of the EPC reveals that most AMG models came with standard, black pedal rubbers and occasionally a special-edition AMG came with the same pedals we're fitting here or a set with oval/diamond-shaped studs which look slightly different but still don't have any AMG branding on them.

Got AMG branded pedal rubbers? Got pedal rubbers which have to be screwed or bolted on top of existing pedal rubbers? If so they are likely to be fakes. The only way to be certain is to read the part numbers off to be checked by an MB parts counter or someone like myself with access to the EPC.

Here are the part numbers and the maximum you should be paying for them:

A1703000004 : Gas pedal : £21.96
A1702900182 : Brake pedal : £19.08
A2034300084 : Parking Brake pedal : £10.38

I know Shude , i have them fitted.

Its just when people say that they have genuine AMG pedal covers , they usually are talking about the fake AMG ones that you have to drill your pedals for.

I know Shude , i have them fitted.
Hey I'm agreeing with you! I was just clarifying for the others :)

Some of the AMG/Brabus/Carlsson/Lorinser et al pedals I've seen on ebay are clearly the same cheapo pedal sets which require drilling/screwing onto existing pedals, cost more than the OEM pedal sets and look frankly dangerous. Worn/damaged pedal rubbers are an MOT failure.

Anyway there was an unexpected bonus to my pedal mods: while in the footwell I noticed a loose pipe under the driver's seat. Had a dig around and found another with a connector on it. Re-connected them and I now have comfort control on the driver's seat! It's not worked since I bought the car and it's something I've been meaning to fix.

Missed this ...

Nope , mine are from the dealer ...

HTH

I also got mine from the dealer, I saw the same said set of pedals on a SLS , all £186k's worth ! I have never seen the moody AMG pedals or pedals covers on Ebay!! I said I got pedals not pedal covers !!

Last edited:
Hey I'm agreeing with you! I was just clarifying for the others :)

Some of the AMG/Brabus/Carlsson/Lorinser et al pedals I've seen on ebay are clearly the same cheapo pedal sets which require drilling/screwing onto existing pedals, cost more than the OEM pedal sets and look frankly dangerous. Worn/damaged pedal rubbers are an MOT failure.

Anyway there was an unexpected bonus to my pedal mods: while in the footwell I noticed a loose pipe under the driver's seat. Had a dig around and found another with a connector on it. Re-connected them and I now have comfort control on the driver's seat! It's not worked since I bought the car and it's something I've been meaning to fix.
:bannana::bannana: one less job for me to do :thumb:

hmm... thanks for the part numbers guys; time to add a lil bling to my 211 ;-)

Seems like the prices have doubled since bought my set. Sure I only paid around £25 for all 3 pedals.

yeah i noticed that as well as i just went through the thread... :(

Having said that I always thought £25 was excessively cheap from MB for such a nice mod. £50 is about right I guess :)

BTW only 2 more posts before you reach 1000 :bannana:

huh?

:D

doh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom