I saw a McLaren P1 on the road today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
About 2pm, turning onto Milton Road off at the Golden Hind junction I saw a McLaren P1 in black

Sorry no photos as I was turning into the junction.

I wasnt aware these were 'public' as such...? - and no it wasnt the MP12-C

Amazing anyway, in reality 10x better.

The highlevel brakelight looked odd though as a large square in the top of the back window. ]

Last edited:
Looks awesome in pictures, looking fwd to seeing one in the flesh

Superb design.

It had a 62 plate on it though...? must have been pre-production

About 2pm, turning onto Milton Road off at the Golden Hind junction I saw a McLaren P1 in black

Sorry no photos as I was turning into the junction.

I wasnt aware these were 'public' as such...? - and no it wasnt the MP12-C

Amazing anyway, in reality 10x better.

The highlevel brakelight looked odd though as a large square in the top of the back window. ]

Customer of mine has one on order for delivery end of this month, had it personalised to his spec for a cool £1.25m :eek: I thinks theres a few out already though but a very rare sight.

Not sure if released yet to be honest.

Only thing I can fault with it, are the brakelights that look abit 'Council House at Xmas' as Clarkson would say :D

I've seen a few pre-production about. Although I quite regularly cycle over towards the Woking area so not that surprising. They look a lot more dramatic than MP12-C, which I see quite regularly too.

dude i saw this aswell going down regent street in cambridge on saturday.but i saw two in a row the first one was black and the second one looked to be wrapped graffiti style.they were in convoy i didnt even know what they were.

I saw a grey one on the A3 north of Guildford on Friday 6th September - same day as the QE2 crossing terrorist incident, it was going south whilst i was going north it was about 2pm-ish. I just assumed it was out on a test drive. It did look amazing, the only car that had the same wow factor for me was an XJ220 last year.

Just cycled past it again. Anyone in Cambridge, its currently stuck in stationary traffic on Milton rd. Its not going anywhere soon

I have never seen one anywhere. The further South you go the better your chances of seeing rare metal. Saw a Reliant Robin yesterday though.:)

Saw one a couple of months ago, LHD, clearly engineer in passenger seat, oh and it came off at the M25 Woking turn-off. Looked spectacular!

Just cycled past it again. Anyone in Cambridge, its currently stuck in stationary traffic on Milton rd. Its not going anywhere soon

Do what most cyclists would do , scrape down the side of it with your pedal and then bugger off !

Saw one a couple of months ago, LHD, clearly engineer in passenger seat, oh and it came off at the M25 Woking turn-off. Looked spectacular!

Being a British car, they are all LHD :wallbash: just like the SLR

Do what most cyclists would do , scrape down the side of it with your pedal and then bugger off !

It was one of the only cars that wasn't in the cycle lane so I left it alone ;)

If he was stuck on Milton Road just wait till he gets to the A14 West bound tonight, nightmare. My son thinks he spotted this same car in Nearby Newmarket at the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom