• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Impressed with Indy oil service

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Had an oil service done at a local Indy this morning. I supplied my own oil. Charged me just under £100 !!

Hmm... £40 maybe considering you supplied your own oil.

Hmm... £40 maybe considering you supplied your own oil.

Really !!! Best you guys point me in the direction of where you get yours done. Considering the last oil service I had done at main dealers set me back nearly £350 and I supplied the oil. They did change the diff fluid tho. But thought £100 was good going. Sorry forgot to add it's on a c63.

Main dealer let you supply your own oil? That's ... unusual.

An oil change is an oil change, doesn't matter the car. How long did it take?

Cost me £20 at an independent garage to get oil changed on my Volvo where I supplied oil and filter.

Oil and filter 30mins tops that's not a bargain 100 for 30 mins work
Less if the.guy isn't eating a sandwich

Actually if I could an Indy MB stamp on the service book after an oil change, I would be happy to pay £100 + oil

On the C63 the oil cooler has to be drained as well as the sump. It adds 10mins.
If the garage supplied oil filter then the price is absolutely fine.
Factor in vat etc and I think the op paid a fair price.

Really !!! Best you guys point me in the direction of where you get yours done. Considering the last oil service I had done at main dealers set me back nearly £350 and I supplied the oil. They did change the diff fluid tho. But thought £100 was good going. Sorry forgot to add it's on a c63.

Do you mean £350 for the full service including oil? Not £350 just just oil and filter change?

I was just £299 for full service (A I think) with me supplying MB oil and they also added brake fluid change.

Main dealer let you supply your own oil? That's ... unusual.

Not really mate, a few have done it on here, saves nearly £100 or to put it another way, a free tank of v-power! ;)

I did it last month, all I had to do was supply the invoice to prove it was the correct MB oil (there's a link on here for it, less than £40 for 10ltrs)

MB's A and B services include several checks above the basic oil change.

MB also offer an 'Oil Service Only' service which is neither A nor B and from memory this costs £99, though they won't stamp the book.

In theory this is an 'interim' service that is aimed at those owners who wish to have an additional oil and filter change between scheduled services.

But in reality MB understand that after the warranty period expired many owners are not interested in the inspections and checks that are included with the A and B Services and suffice with just having the engine oil and filter changed instead.

I have the impression that some people have no idea how much it costs to run a business and employ people.
Our local appliance dealer wanted over £100 to call out to look at our dishwasher and use up to 30 minutes repairing it. Parts and additional time would of course be extra.
Fortunately this cost revelation inspired me to find the blocked filter and clear it myself.

Do you mean £350 for the full service including oil? Not £350 just just oil and filter change?

I was just £299 for full service (A I think) with me supplying MB oil and they also added brake fluid change.

Just oil service and diff fluid change and I supplied the oil. I waited while it was being done. Over 3 hours !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom