Inlet Port Shut off Motor again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Inlet Manifold UPDATE
Hi all, just collected the car from the stealers after having a new inlet manifold fitted and for those of you interested the cost was £1194.96 incl vat. However this does also include £18.70 + vat for a short test to find the source of the problem? and also £88 + vat for an engine check to find the exact fault???. Not for getting the 6 cable ties which were used at a cost of 55p + vat EACH!!!!.

There was also an advisory to replace 2 rear and 1 fronr brake pipes at a quoted cost of £972.72p.Can anyone tell me why this is so expensive, do they use gold pipes or something?

Needless to say it'll be Indies all the way from now on for me

£1194 for what??? The inlet motor?!

Is yours a V6 or Straight?

I think Olly refers to replacing the inlet manifold on the straigh six engines, cant see why you would change the manifold on a V6?

£1194 for what??? The inlet motor?!

Is yours a V6 or Straight?

I think Olly refers to replacing the inlet manifold on the straigh six engines, cant see why you would change the manifold on a V6?

I think it was a flap in the manifold that had seized, not the motor...

It was the flap/s on the manifold and the whole unit needs replacing, £575 + vat for the part

must be an earlier straight six then...

Both the V6 and the I6 suffer with the manifolds. If a 2005 car it will be a V6.

Just to add to the confusion some straight 6 cdi's do not have flaps/valves in the inlet manifold:D

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom