Installing IPod kit CLK W209 ('02) D2B

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_player

I'm just about to install the ipod dension icelink plus that I bought off one of the guys on here and was after a bit of advice on where to run everything etc.

I have already had the coman unit out today and although I don't have a CD changer the fibre port is taken. Initially I assumed that it must be pre-wired for the CD-changer but I have since been wondering whether this may be used for the integrated carkit that I have ?

If anyone can shed any light on the above it would be most appreciated. I also could prob do with a few ideas on where to position the adapter when I have solved the above conundrum. I was thinking in the glove box if at all possible - again unsure on how to remove it and where to position it.

Thanks

Ben.

Anyone ? Just need to figure out the best way to incorporate my ipod kit into the fibre ring ???

Confused..

Ben.

Anyone ? Just need to figure out the best way to incorporate my ipod kit into the fibre ring ???

Confused..

Ben.

Not really sure as from 2004 there was an aux lead already in the glovebox which you could connect cd changer / iPod player to. Might be best to PM the guy you brought it off and ask his/her advice.

Cheers I'll do that.

I suppose really the question I should be asking is how to retrofit a cd changer as it really involves the same thing to be honest.

Hi,
PM me with your e-mail address and I can supply the installation instuctions and user manual.
If there's already a fibre connector in the back of the comand, then you will have to look in the boot behind the rear seats. Remove the tray cover and you should find the end of the fibre cable plugged into a control box.
As the ipod adaptor mimics the cd changer it will have to be fitted into the same position as the changer.
Have a look at this site http://www.whnet.com/4x4/phones.html, it gives the position of the components on the ring.
Hope this helps.
Clkman.

Cheers mate! I certainly have not been looking in the boot..

PM Sent

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom