Is snow foam worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I use the autoglym snow foam and I have to admit it does a very good job all around, even in alloys. It leaves a "silky" look on the paint I love to admire on my car [emoji23]

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

I use the same. Makes cleaning the car easier, with less long term damage and less contact. I see no downside to snow foam, it doesn’t take long at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be using this on the wife's QQ this morning as it's got a month and three decent trips caked all over it
Plus a heat gun on the rear bumper, but that a different story :rolleyes:

I have NOT been that impressed with it per sae (over doing the same with a little of the shampoo) or it could just be that our cars don't get that mucky......

The Qashqai is minging though, so I will spend the extra 10 mins as it's sat on the shelf today
Wish I could do the same with the inside of it as well, mind!

I use snowfoam, I have a cheap pressure washer from Homebase I bought a few years back, with some adapters off ebay for lance and snowfoam. My routine is:

1) Pressure Wash
2) Snowfoam, soak for 10-15 mins
3) Rinse with Pressure Washer
4) Hand Wash with buckets and mitts/microfibre (I can't be asked using two buckets ...)
5) Rinse with Pressure Washer
6) Clay - this seems to be most important step
7) Poorboys Black hole (if I can be asked ...)
8) Optional cut with machine polisher
9) Wax with machine polisher

I use snowfoam, I have a cheap pressure washer from Homebase I bought a few years back, with some adapters off ebay for lance and snowfoam. My routine is:

1) Pressure Wash
4) Hand Wash with buckets and mitts/microfibre (I can't be asked using two buckets ...)

That all sounds like one very tiring weekend! :D

1) Pressure Wash

How do you manage to keep the snow foam wet/damp for 10-15 mins?
Would you not have to wash/rinse after step (6)?
What is the point of applying a glaze (7) then cutting (8)?

1) Pressure Wash
Snow foam for me is about the first process being low pressure. I thought it is supposed to go on the dry car?
The main plus for me is it wets and dissolves dirt and dust. That way it minimises the pressure washer pushing dirt around paintwork under pressure. The only other advantage is getting into places where its difficult to reach with a bucket.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

How do you manage to keep the snow foam wet/damp for 10-15 mins?
Would you not have to wash/rinse after step (6)?
What is the point of applying a glaze (7) then cutting (8)?

Oh yeah!! doh!! that's what I should have said, cut first obviously, As you can tell I'm no expert!

With the recent sand that has been dropped by the Sahara wind, I would suggest snow foam to be essential as the first application to any wash.

Failing that, enjoy sandpapering your paintwork

Snow foam for me is about the first process being low pressure. I thought it is supposed to go on the dry car?

I don’t pressure wash mine prior to snowfoam either. I do spray a citrus product on the dry car before the snow foam though

With the recent sand that has been dropped by the Sahara wind, I would suggest snow foam to be essential as the first application to any wash.

Failing that, enjoy sandpapering your paintwork

Great point! Although snow foam doesn’t work... apparently :wallbash:

I have a snow foam lance, don't use it all the time.

Does it work: Yes
Is it better: Don't know

There are many ways to clean a car, do whatever you feel happy with and enjoy.

In the winter I'm more than happy using our local Eastern European guys hand wash for £8

I do enjoy the look of the car when it's been covered in foam. Interesting comments from people passing by.

I have a snow foam lance, don't use it all the time.

In the winter I'm more than happy using our local Eastern European guys hand wash for £8

mmm... my local guys do it for £5, terrific job!

I now have a different routine . First autoglym snowfoam 2nd autoglym polar wash put on with snow foam Lance , that’s washed with a mitt and mitt rinsed in bucket with grit guard , then autoglym polar seal with snow foam lance , then dry comes up fantastic. You only use the seal once a month. This cuts wash time down a huge amount. I also do very big cleans getting into every noc and cranny.

Firstly, I drive in. Then some big bloke uses a hand pressure dispenser to degrease wheels and lower car body. The another bloke dispenses snow foam over whole car. Next, 2 x guys, one either side use a noodle loop mitt to wash their half of the car. When done, one of them uses a high pressure lance to take of all the soapy suds and leave bodywork/wheels clean. Then I drive car over to the drying department where 2 delightful young ladies, very easy on the eye, use a variety of micro fibre cloths to get car squeaky clean, including spritzing all glass with an appropriate cleaner... Finally, another young lady paints on a tyre shine agent to the tyres. £5 very well spent! :D

Firstly, I drive in. Then some big bloke uses a hand pressure dispenser to degrease wheels and lower car body. The another bloke dispenses snow foam over whole car. Next, 2 x guys, one either side use a noodle loop mitt to wash their half of the car. When done, one of them uses a high pressure lance to take of all the soapy suds and leave bodywork/wheels clean. Then I drive car over to the drying department where 2 delightful young ladies, very easy on the eye, use a variety of micro fibre cloths to get car squeaky clean, including spritzing all glass with an appropriate cleaner... Finally, another young lady paints on a tyre shine agent to the tyres. £5 very well spent! :D
Does it cost much more for the drying ladies to dry off the windows with the front of their T shirts?

That's all well and good, but that thing they use to wash the car, has very likely fallen on the ground when the big bloke tried to throw it into the big container of water and missed, never mind the fact that its just been used to clean the sills/alloys of the previous X number of cars.
And depending on the colour of your car, it'll look like it was washed with a scouring pad

That's all well and good, but that thing they use to wash the car, has very likely fallen on the ground when the big bloke tried to throw it into the big container of water and missed, never mind the fact that its just been used to clean the sills/alloys of the previous X number of cars.
And depending on the colour of your car, it'll look like it was washed with a scouring pad
Gosh, you really don't like these types of washes, do you LOL Your choice buddy, for most normal folk who choose their time, over their car, they're just fine... Oh, I've owned cars for 40 years, none have ended up looking like a 'scouring pad'. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom