• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

k&n air filters

crankiejohn

Car
2002 180 elegance auto estate
my 2002 w203 is due for a service and i dont know to pay the extra for a k&n air filter,they say they improve performance as well as lasting for a million miles has anybody else used one

If they're the sort that have an oiled element then don't even think about it. The oil will contaminate the MAF and that is bad news.

If they're the sort that have an oiled element then don't even think about it. The oil will contaminate the MAF and that is bad news.

No it won't. The only issues with K & N filters are when they need re-oiling and people get carried away an put too much oil on them which will cause MAF problems.

They don't need re-oiling for 100,000 miles so not really an issue. I run two of them in my SL600 without any problems.

Good but keep them clean for best results, mine was done every couple of months in Smartie (now got an itg, they don't clog as fast!)

Kate

what sort of price difference you looking at for a k&n filter.

How about the pipercross? They are lifetime garanty and washable, this is good.

What oil do they use and where can we get it?

I''ve recently fitted one to my C250td and it has made a difference to way it breathes. It revs more freely. Go for it!

Hi

K&N are Fine Never ever had a problems in my AMGs

acid

Members with these filters how has your car benefited? My E430 came with one I replaced it with Bosch, as I was told this would allow more dirt into the engine.. If you do notice improvements then I'll chuck it back in tomorrow..

Are they panel filter type or open cone types?

People who have had no issues with them say they are fine, those who have had problems say they aren't. If you are prepared worst case to renew your MAF earlier than you might have go for it. On a stock car, I wouldn't bother or would at least choose a different brand.

People who have had no issues with them say they are fine, those who have had problems say they aren't. If you are prepared worst case to renew your MAF earlier than you might have go for it. On a stock car, I wouldn't bother or would at least choose a different brand.
thanks i will play it safe and keep to the bosch

K&N`s, if you have a MAF, then no, if you dont then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom