• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

K&N Filters want your car?

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
K&N Filters require certain models of cars for testing and development.

Although they do not require any MB models at the moment you may have another model they are interested in.

I'm sure insurance etc, is taken care of. They are asking for cars local to their workshops in Warrington Cheshire.

LINK.

Would you?

Hi,
I,m replacing my standard 43 filters for aftermarket filters (though i,m not sure which yet), i firmly maintain that K&N's reputation for destroying MAF's is not deserved as i believe that if they are maintained correctly they are a viable alternative to a standard filter, my C230K has been running one for well over 80,000 miles now and it has improved the fuel consumption, though the performance increase is debatable.
Standard C43 filters are over £80 every 15,000miles or so, K&N approx. the same price, and are guarenteed for million miles, no brainer for me.

I can only speak from the experience of my 230, no i don,t think there is any disernable noise increase, i actually think my car is smoother with it in compared to the standard filter, though the 230k isn,t exactly the smoothest of the bunch.

In all their information they claim they dont effect MAFs... I am tempted but I dont want to fork out for another.

Last edited:
I'm running 2 in my SL600 with no adverse effects. They only kill your MAF if you over oil them and you don't need to do that for at least 100,000 miles.

As for induction noise there is a slight increase....

How much do these normally sell for? Ive had a quick look and for my car its £43!

I'm running 2 in my SL600 with no adverse effects. They only kill your MAF if you over oil them and you don't need to do that for at least 100,000 miles.

I thought that before I replaced my paper panel filter for a K&N replacement and my MAF went all of about 25 miles later. Sure we'll never know if it was a coincidence but there are a lot of similar tales to back it up. Likewise a lot of counter acounts that all was well.

I think the message that is failry clear is it can happen.

2 for mine came to about £85 from memory, and I'd say absolutely there's a slight increase in induction noise.

No MAF is as sensitive as the early foil-type Bosch one in my Golf and that's been fine with a fairly hefty cone air filter and forced induction, likewise I've run K&N in my merc for about 10K miles now without problem. Just got to read the servicing instructions carefully, only oil the correct side and don't go overboard with it.

Had one in my C36 with no problems and as soon as i got my C55, installed two of them, again with no problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom