Keyless entry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m2287

MB Enthusiast
Car
E63 AMG
So I picked up a rather nice w211 320 v6 petrol with the AMG kit, wheels and exhaust for my wife's grandfather.... It needs a couple of things doing such as the drivers wing mirror indicator is cracked and the heater element has broken in the wing mirror glass, easy enough fixes!

The problem I'm not 100% sure about is the keyless entry. It has two keys which both work fine when using the buttons on them, and the keyless go feature works perfectly but the keyless entry doesn't seem to work on either side of the car. I don't have this luxury on either or my mercs but If I am correct, if the key is in my pocket, I should be able to open the door without unlocking it on the key?

I have read that the door handles may need replacing?

As you walk up to the car (while it's locked), once you go to open the handle the car should unlock.

Try each handle, the rears actually pop the door open as you do, but the handles dying are a very common problem; iirc they're about £150 each from the dealer.

As you walk up to the car (while it's locked), once you go to open the handle the car should unlock.

Try each handle, the rears actually pop the door open as you do, but the handles dying are a very common problem; iirc they're about £150 each from the dealer.

Do they come painted?

Such a nice car!

That looks mint! I love W211's.

Pretty certain they do come painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom