Learning to ride a horse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
After watching seabiscuit, I have developed an urge to learn to ride a horse.

Anyone has any suggestions of a company or stables (preferably in the UK) who run week long courses?

I googled and there are so many operators.

Thanks.

Anyone thats local to you
BHS(british horse society ) listed
One that you get on with the instructor
And will ask the wife when i get home shes a AI or IA qualified instructor

Any reason it has to be a week long or could you not just go for lessons every weekend or a couple of times a week
After a week in the saddle never done it before you'll be doing a cowboy impression for a long time
p.s. buy a pair of jodpers there the best thing to ride in Jeans etc get ruckked and uncommfy
Jamie

Last edited:
Not done week long courses myself but as others have said go somewhere BHS Approved with qualified instructors. Go and have a chat and a taster lesson, see how you get on with the people and the horses. :) Good choice of hobby / sport! You'll be hooked! :D

Edit: go on www.bhs.org.uk and there is a "where to ride" link listing all approved centres across the country.

Any reason it has to be a week long

1 week's activity holiday .. plus learn quicker

years ago, I galloped on the beach in LA on a horse, it felt amazing, but I was a whole lot younger

Can't suggest a particular firm/establishment, are you thinking abroad or here? And yes they do take beginners, best to be honest about your skills then they can match up the horses and like-for-like people/groups/lessons. :)

Can't suggest a particular firm/establishment, are you thinking abroad or here? And yes they do take beginners, best to be honest about your skills then they can match up the horses and like-for-like people/groups/lessons. :)

prefer UK, but OK if travel to highly recommended place

Bounce at the right time, or you'll hurt your cream crackers;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom