Locked out of Boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, the connection point, I will go to the garage and take a photo.

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. In my car, to open the boot, you insert the key, turn it clockwise, push it in and the boot opens. There is no release handle that I am aware of, the alternatives are to use the remote or the cabin switch, neither of these two options are available without power.

That lock is unlocked by turning the key anti-clockwise, is that an error or are you indeed turning the key clockwise?

Dec

That lock is unlocked by turning the key anti-clockwise, is that an error or are you indeed turning the key clockwise?

Dec

Sorry, should have said anticlockwise, as you say clockwise position 3 locks it.

Right, the following shots show the terminals and the cover.

2014-05-02%2014.23.07.jpg
The red tagged connections in the first picture are where I have connected my trickle charger.
2014-05-02%2014.22.55.jpg

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 11
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
My 129 is is MY'98 and I'm thinking has a different layout. These pics show no electrics in the vicinity. Bu$$er. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
THis has happened a lot in MY CLK 200 W208 convertible and an old coupe when we went on holiday, remove the over mats and behind the carpet in the passenger footwell/ foot rest there is a metal plate cover behind it are terminals basically one big nut which is an earth and a positive.

Have a look on yours and see if there is such a connection take a pic and pop it on here and I am sure someone will know. but putting the charger on this works enough to pop the boot with the switch.

Hope this assists

Darn, oh well it must be completely different on a MY 98 to a MY 91

Sorry for giving you false hope, but there will be connector somewhere.

Darn, oh well it must be completely different on a MY 98 to a MY 91

Sorry for giving you false hope, but there will be connector somewhere.

Thanks for trying anyway....as you say there must be one somewhere. I just can't believe how difficult it is to find :eek:

Just found this image on an American forum.

I expect this may be on the passenger side for RHD?

Attachments

• SDC18707.jpg
    SDC18707.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 16
THis has happened a lot in MY CLK 200 W208 convertible and an old coupe when we went on holiday, remove the over mats and behind the carpet in the passenger footwell/ foot rest there is a metal plate cover behind it are terminals basically one big nut which is an earth and a positive.

Have a look on yours and see if there is such a connection take a pic and pop it on here and I am sure someone will know. but putting the charger on this works enough to pop the boot with the switch.

Hope this assists

Thanks, there's a lot of chat on the US boards about this, some say it's pass side, some swear it's driver side, and some say it doesn't exist. So I'd rather skip dismantling the cabin without a sure cert. Worst case is I have to day 10 days or so for tech-man to come to the rescue. Nuisance though, I was wanting to take the thunder-beast out for a spin:D

Moakser That looks very similar to the lugs in the passenger side of my 2000 W208

Take a look

Just found this image on an American forum.

I expect this may be on the passenger side for RHD?

I think that is a RHD car. Whilst on a US board, the poster is an Edinbugger. It is however a MY'95 :dk:

This is what is under the passenger side of a CLK if you find this you should be able to connect the charger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom