• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Looking to buy a C55/CLK55/E55k/E63/CLS55/CLS63/SL55 - Advice/Comments? - Which One?!

Honestly - looking at nearly £13k cars, ones with LPG - that Pano roof must be important to you!!!

Honestly - looking at nearly £13k cars, ones with LPG - that Pano roof must be important to you!!!

LOL ;) I think the Pano is nice to get a bit of fresh in but also break up the silver a bit to give a bit of contrast cosmetically. Not sure it is that important to me that it would make me want to have an E55k with LPG though!

Can't you just pop a pano on yours tonight for me in your spare time and I'll take it!

LOL ;) I think the Pano is nice to get a bit of fresh in but also break up the silver a bit to give a bit of contrast cosmetically. Not sure it is that important to me that it would make me want to have an E55k with LPG though!

Can't you just pop a pano on yours tonight for me in your spare time and I'll take it!

I am finishing the cleaning of the car today, taking snaps and advertising it. It'll be a shame to see it go, but someone will get themselves a bargain! I can't have 3x V8s - thats just greedy. :D

Advert now live - £10,600 is the asking price.....

Used Mercedes E CLASS (211) E55 AMG 2004 for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1489571)

Hope some lucky punter snaps it up - who needs a pano roof anyway...:bannana:

I agree..... personally hate the panoramic roof, my brother in law has it on his 320CDi. My E55 is identical to yours, change the plate and it could be the same car. First car I had without a sunroof and I have to say I haven't missed it at all. Glad of the extra headroom!

After reading through 9 pages of E55 recommendations, if you REALLY want something stealth and discreet then can i recommend a W220 S55k.

Nobody on earth will think your packing that much of a punch in an old mans S-class. Iv lost the number of shocked faces iv seen at the traffic lights now.

Buy a Limo version and you'll feel like your sat in your house most of the time.

Been annoyingly too busy with work to spend any more time sorting out a decent E55 to buy yet. Most of the problem has been not only I have had very little time but also the fact that there seems to be quite a few E55k's for sale at the moment.

Is it me or is there a fair few to choose from? Did anyone else experience this when they looked for an E55k to buy when they were looking? Most seem to be a little bit further north than I think they are worth. Maybe that is also why there are few around and they haven't been sold.

There are more saloons around than when I looked 2 years ago, I remember typically seeing between 16-20 up at anyone time which now seems closer to 30+
The price variation however seems similar albeit the overall price asked has moved down as you would expect.

When I was looking early 2011, there were around 10 > 15 for sale usually. Some went quick, some stayed up for ages.

Do people think the 55 cars have flattened out on depreciation?, most of them seem to be at very similar prices to ones being sold a year ago now.

I think they've reach a much less steep part of the curve now and probably until the first generation 63s are cheap enough - 55s will drop very slowly I would have thought.

Been annoyingly too busy with work to spend any more time sorting out a decent E55 to buy yet. Most of the problem has been not only I have had very little time but also the fact that there seems to be quite a few E55k's for sale at the moment.

Is it me or is there a fair few to choose from? Did anyone else experience this when they looked for an E55k to buy when they were looking? Most seem to be a little bit further north than I think they are worth. Maybe that is also why there are few around and they haven't been sold.

I got a call from a dealer yesterday, who wanted to buy mine at a disgracefully low price....I'm thinking I might just keep mine if it doesn't go for a reasonable price...

At least if you do keep it, whilst it isn't the cheapest car on the planet to run, you are not taking a hit on depreciation.

C55AMG on Coilovers is what you need, not that I am biased or anything...

C55AMG on Coilovers is what you need, not that I am biased or anything...

I looked at Charles Morgan's C55 with coilovers a while back and although it was a great car it wasn't for me. I thought it was just a little to harsh and was looking for something a bit more comfy.

The SL60 had a really nice balance of comfort with enough control in the suspension setup. I am hoping the E55k will be the same but have yet to drive one yet!

I got a call from a dealer yesterday, who wanted to buy mine at a disgracefully low price....I'm thinking I might just keep mine if it doesn't go for a reasonable price...

Your always welcome to make me an offer I can't refuse that might make me try to prioritise the purchase over a few jobs! ;)

Right I have had a bit of time finally to think about the options and have decided on the best option as being an SL55. I think either Obsidian Black metallic with grey or black leather or Tanzanite Blue with grey leather as the best options.

If anyone has a nice one to sell or knows of a nice one for sale a nod would be much appreciated. I don't think the F1 PP is worth the kind of money they are going for. Budget is £12-£20k I guess depending on your/spec/miles/history. The later the better and if bizararly one out there is VAT Qualifying it would also be very welcomed/useful.

I'm in no rush but ready to do a deal if one pops up. Can't think of anything else really that fits the bill that I fancy unless I go silly and let heart rule head and look at Maser's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom