• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M113 5.4 remap

Not seen any MB gain anything on de-cat, if anything they loose hp as you loose back pressure... so I am told.
As mentioned above I think most people just remove the secondary cats and resonators rather than a full de-cat.

Ive been thinking about getting a map... my cl55 has the secondary cats and resonators removed and a pair of k&n's.... I wonder what gains Id get from a map and if it would actually be noticeable!

The Eurocharged 'gains' on a 55k are immediately noticeable with no mods and I mean immediately, the engine springs into life and is unbelievably smooth compared to standard. Certainly seems to spin up quicker and shuffles the cogs much better too.

Don't know about measurable claims, though they do quote a decent hike, but for driveability alone it's worth it.

Cerbera said:
As mentioned above I think most people just remove the secondary cats and resonators rather than a full de-cat.

Yeah I know and I've not seen any MB car gain anything, apart from the sound. Maybe with a decent ECU remap you might be able to take advantage of the free flowing exhaust and gain more..

Hi,
The MAP that is on my car (same as Justins), may not be the greatest gain in BHP as previously quoted in the region of 25ish BHP, it is the way the engine now delivers the torque, I drove home from having it live mapped by Gerry and pulling away at the junctions I was spinning the wheels where I was not used to the new power delivery, as the torque was so much improved.

Sounds good Andy!

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Does anyone know if there's any truth in what Cerbera said about the ECU resetting itself?

Cheers!

Sounds good Andy!

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Does anyone know if there's any truth in what Cerbera said about the ECU resetting itself?

Cheers!

The state of the ECU will never change unless a new map is loaded onto it.

To be honest I can,t remember as I paid it in two installments and then took the option of the live data mapping with the Dyno runs which again was extra.

To be honest I can,t remember as I paid it in two installments and then took the option of the live data mapping with the Dyno runs which again was extra.

At least you got a reading on the rolling road with your car Andy, couldn't with mine :confused:

The ESP kept cutting in even when it was switched off :confused: me, Jerry and a few others tried different things but could not get the ESP off. i.e. putting a fault into the ESP by disconnecting the control unit, the stop lamp switch etc but no luck :(

The ESP kept cutting in even when it was switched off :confused: me, Jerry and a few others tried different things but could not get the ESP off. i.e. putting a fault into the ESP by disconnecting the control unit, the stop lamp switch etc but no luck :(

Ah sucks!

With your E55 lump, headers and remap you must be making at least 390bhp and well over 400 lb ft torque easy. Sounds good to me! :cool:

On a separate note, has anyone gotten close to 450bhp with an N/A 5.4?

Last edited:
Ah sucks!

With your E55 lump, headers and remap you must be making 380-390bhp and well over 400 lb ft torque easy. Sounds good to me! :cool:

Got to be mate, the torque of it now is amazing :bannana:

Got to be mate, the torque of it now is amazing :bannana:

Damn, you'll have to take me for a spin some time.

Don't get me wrong my stock (catless) 55 is quick but doesn't give me the shock and awe it used to hence looking at power mods! I wouldn't actually mind a slightly shorter final drive as that would really liven things up!:rock:

Damn, you'll have to take me for a spin some time.

Don't get me wrong my stock (catless) 55 is quick but doesn't give me the shock and awe it used to hence looking at power mods! I wouldn't actually mind a slightly shorter final drive as that would really liven things up!:rock:

Anytime mate, it drives like a different car to when it was a 43 :D
The ability to light up the rear wheels off of a roundabout or bend in the road is unreal, only downside is tyre wear :rolleyes:

Hi, interesting thread.
I need to get my 202 c55 mapped. Recommendations of eurocharged vs west tuning please?!

Anytime mate, it drives like a different car to when it was a 43 :D
The ability to light up the rear wheels off of a roundabout or bend in the road is unreal, only downside is tyre wear :rolleyes:

You need an LSD, my 32 has one and that thing hardly ever spins compared to the 55

One is on my to-do list for sure, but I do enjoy sideways drifting :D

drifting becomes much better with the LSD trust me, you can control it better...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom